Sunday, August 14, 2016

ZzzQuil Sleep-Aid - Influenster Voxbox - Review!

And now for something completely different! Well, sort of. It's not makeup/beauty related, but it is a product I'm going to review, which is something that happens quite commonly here.
Recently (...again, sort of), Influenster sent me a sample of the ZzzQuil Sleep-Aid to try and review. I was kind of surprised that I was even considered for this box because most, if not all, of my activity on Influenster is makeup/beauty related. That being said, I actually do experience some issues with sleeplessness, so I'm part of the target audience for this product. Since this is a medicine, please take everything I say with a grain of salt and be sure to consult a physician before taking any new medications. Even over-the-counter medications can be unsafe when taken incorrectly.
There are many reasons why people can't sleep;so many, in fact, that I'm pretty sure there are whole Instragram accounts dedicated to funny pictures (or memes as the kids seem to call them these days) about why someone can't sleep. Slight aside, but it always makes me feel a little better to know that there are people out there dealing with the same issues I am, no matter how big or small they may seem.
My sample came in the smallest box I've ever gotten from Influenster. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think this came sealed or anything; it was just a tabbed box. Everything arrived fine, and the box of product itself was sealed, but it just seemed kind of weird.
When it comes to sleeplessness, and trying to solve it through the use of medication, you need to be careful. There are a lot of things out there that will make you drowsy/sleepy, but they are not intended for that purpose and they can be harmful and/or habit-forming. While there are a few sleep-aid options available, I get a little anxious trying something from a brand I'm unfamiliar with (especially something like a sleep-aid...I know, it's weird). ZzzQuil is made by NyQuil, which is a brand I've used for all of my life, and I haven't died yet so, yeah, they seem pretty trustworthy. ...sorry, I'm in a weird humor mood. But seriously, I do trust NyQuil and their products, so it removes some anxiety that I have about using a sleep-aid.
For my sample, we got two liquid capsules, which is a single dose. I like to error on the side of taking less medication if I can (only for things like over-the-counter pain killers and what-not. For things like antibiotics and other prescribed medication, I always take the exact dose), so I take one capsule. It's still effective, but since I haven't taken a full dose, I'm not sure if it's as effective as a full dose. I prefer chewable medication (because I am five), but the liquid capsules are fairly easy to swallow.
The active ingredient is basically an anti-histamine and is the same active ingredient that is added to pain medicine to make Ibuprofen P.M. and the like. I like that this is purely a sleep-aid since it's not a good idea to take pain meds, even over-the-counter ones, if you're not in pain.

Overall, I'm quite happy with how this product performs. It gets me to sleep and I feel rested after I wake up. I like that it's made by a brand that I know and trust and that it's purely a sleep-aid, without any additional medications that I may not need at the time. Again, please do some research and talk with your doctor before taking any new medication to make sure it's right for you and that it won't interact with anything you're already taking.

I received this product for free for review purposes.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment