Sunday, May 1, 2016

MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot - Dangerous Cuvée - Swatch & Review!

Finding MAC products on sale is like finding a dinosaur fossil in your backyard; rare, and most likely a hoax. One place where you can find legit MAC products on sale, however, is at a CCO! Lucky for me, there's not one, but two CCOs (Cosmetic Company Outlet) relatively nearby (they're in outlet malls, both of which are owned by the same parent company). At CCOs, you will find discontinued, old limited edition, and older stock of high end makeup/beauty brands like Tom Ford, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, and, yes, MAC (I'm pretty sure these CCOs are owned by Estee Lauder, since all the products sold there are from brands owned by them). I went to one of these outlets with a friend recently, and picked up a Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Dangerous Cuvée.
I'm not sure why it was there since it's a shade that is currently available on the MAC website, but I get the feeling it was overstock since there were so many available.
There were so many, in fact, that it was even more sale!
Paint Pots normally retail for $22 and are on sale for $15.50 at the CCO. This pot was an additional 50% off so it was around $8. Admittedly, it does make me a little concerned; why was it on sale in the first place? Why is it on super sale? How old is it? Is it damaged?
After opening the pot, I think this was a factory imperfect batch and they had it on extra sale because they had so many laying around. Mine was untouched and looked okay, but it was full of bubbles and a weird indented area (I think it was just a bigger bubble since after I swatched it, there was no trace of it left).
Online MAC describes this as a "frosted cool grey", which it is, but it's also full of sparkles.
It's not my favorite Paint Pot; it does apply kind of patchy and you have to be careful because of all the glitter, but if you're looking for a base for a super shimmery, cool-toned smokey eye, this would work well.
I also wanted to take a photo in direct sunlight to really how much glitter is in this pot. I may or may not end up using this; while I like shimmery looks, I'm not a fan of cleaning heavy shimmer/glitter off my face. I mostly bought it because it was so cheap and I wanted to get something from the CCO, but if worse comes to worse, I can just Back 2 MAC it. I wouldn't pay the full $22 for this Paint Pot, especially since there are so many others available that are better, but it's a pretty good deal for around $8.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment