Saturday, April 30, 2016

Berrisom Oops! My Lip Tint Pack - Sexy Red - Swatch & Review

Recently, I've seen a lot of people on Youtube hauling these "weird" and "unique" lip products from eBay that are supposed to stain your lips. It kind of upsets me when people form opinions about these type of lip product since those are dupes the Berrisom Oops! My Lip Tint Packs, and I don't feel like it's a very fair comparison. Normally, I don't have anything against dupes; if a company is able to recreate something from another and sell it for a cheaper price (without trying to trick people by labeling it as if it were the real deal), then go for it! But it bothers me when people think the dupe is the original or only try the dupe and then write off all similar products because of their experience with it (like people who say the Naked palettes aren't worth it because they don't like the L'Oreal Nudes palettes). Basically, I just want people to keep an open mind and to do some research. Again, no hate towards dupes or drugstore version of products; there are plenty of high-end products that are not worth the money and/or have drugstore dupes that are just as good, if not better.
Okay, rant over! Let's talk about the Berrisom Oops! My Lip Tint Pack in Sexy Red!
This is actually my second Oops! My Lip Tint Pack; I purchased the Lovely Peach color a while ago. This color, Sexy Red, was the one I initially wanted (it's the color the girls are using in the demo video on the Memebox page...I also should have probably mentioned that I got this from Memebox.), but I think it's the most popular color since it's often sold out. Luckily, I caught it during a restock, so I purchased one for me and one for a friend!

So what is it? It's kind of like a lip mask, but it's also kind of like a lip stain, and it's entirely magical.
It has a plastic applicator that's similar to a tube lipgloss, though a little less rounded. It's not uncomfortable to use, but it's not as nice as some I've tried.
The product itself is like a very thick gel. It's not difficult to apply, but you do lose some precision since it can gloop together; since this product is meant to stain, and to stain quickly, you have to clean up messes immediately, or risk staining parts of your face that you did not intend to stain (this will also stain fingers, so try to use a q-tip or tissue). The color you see in the tube is not necessarily the color that will show up on your lips; Sexy Red looks very dark and scary, but it stains your lips a sheer, blue-based red.
You put a thick layer of this product over your lips and wait 10-15min for it to dry (the thicker it is, the longer it takes, but the better color payoff you get). It will not look cute at this initial stage; you will likely think you've made a horrible mistake, but stick it out. One of the biggest issues I see when people try this product in Youtube videos is that they talk during the drying time and mess up the process; you really have to keep your lips still (and slightly parted) while this product is drying to get the best results. Since this product has to sit so long on your lips, I really appreciate the fact that Berrisom added a bunch of skincare/lipcare ingredients, making this product also work as a lip mask.
When it dries, you peel it off (it sounds worse than it is, though I do recommend exfoliating your lips first since it will adhere to, and possibly pull off, dry patches) and you're left with a smudge-proof, waterproof, kiss-proof, 'I-just-ate-a-popsicle' stain! And when they say smudge/budge/water/kiss-proof, they really mean it! When I use these tints, my lips remain stained for at least 24-hours, regardless of eating, drinking, face washing, etc.

There are nine different colors, ranging from light pinks to deep reds, with oranges and purples mixed between, and you can also buy them in a value set which includes six colors. As I said before, I purchased mine from Memebox because the price was reasonable; they retail for $16, but Memebox has them on 'sale' (I've never seen them not on sale) for $9 and the set of six is $48, on 'sale' for $36, and because I trust Memebox to send me authentic, new products (not 'new to the market', but new in the sense that they haven't been sitting on a shelf for ages and aren't as good as they were when first produced), with fast, inexpensive shipping.

If you're at all curious about these types of products, please spend a little bit more money and buy the Berrisom Oops! My Lip Tint Pack; you'll be much more likely to enjoy using them and the interesting effect they create on your lips.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment