Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Memebox Haul! - Etdue House, Too Cool For School, Berrisom, & More!

Hello! I hope you're having a great day! For this post, I want to share with you a recent order I received from Memebox!
Memebox is a website where you can purchase a variety of K-Beauty products from well-known brands such as Etdue House, Holika Holika, and Tonymoly. They also offer special boxes, both mystery and not, where you can get a good deal on an assortment of products. Memebox used to focus a lot more on their boxes, and they've gone through quite a few design changes (I swear, the website looks completely different every time I visit it), but now they're more focused on their store and their own line of beauty products.

While Korean beauty products are much, much easier to get a hold of in the U.S. now (a lot of mainstream retailers, like Sephora and Ulta, carry Korean brands), I still find that Memebox is a great resource to purchase unique and interesting products at a reasonable price (plus they ship from the U.S. now so things get to you much, much faster!).
I'm going to be honest, I placed this order for one reason...
...to get this cat-ear spa headband from Etude House. I was randomly browsing the site and saw that Memebox had just restocked this product and it was so cute that I knew I needed it in my life. Plus, it was only $5. Since Memebox offers free shipping on orders over $30, I ended up purchasing all the other items in this order to get free shipping. I am very happy with everything I got (plus, I got some other things that I had my eye on), so I don't feel like I wasted my money or purchased products randomly or anything, but, yeah. This order happened because of this headband. It's super soft, but it's pretty tight, so it gets uncomfortable to wear after a while. I also have a big head, so that might not be a problem for everyone. It also has cat ears, which is reason enough alone to purchase it! The official name for it is My Beauty Tool Lovely Etti Hair Band and according to the packaging, it is "etti-shaped". I Googled "etti' to see if it was an animal or something, and I would recommend not doing that; you find some interesting things.
The other product I really wanted was an Oops! My Lip Tint Pack from the brand Berrisom. This is an interesting type of lip stain; it's a thick, jelly-like gloss that you use as a lip mask and wear for 10-15min until it dries. Then you peel it off and it leaves your lips with a beautiful, long-lasting stain.
I want to try all the colors, but I decided to test out the color Lovely Peach since it seems like the most natural color (I really want Sexy Red, but it's always sold out; probably because everyone wants it, too). The applicator is solid plastic and the product comes out quite thickly, but that's a good thing because you want a thick layer to make it easier to peel off (but not too thick or it will take forever to dry). If you're really curious about this product, you can watch a Youtube video review here (this is not a review by me; it's the one that Memebox links to on the product page). Lovely Peach looks super orange in the tube, but it imparts a sheer, peach tint that's quite pretty. I'm very impressed with this product, and am definitely going to purchase more!
Too Cool For School is a more recent brand to me, but one that I have fallen in love with, at least aesthetically. Sephora carries Too Cool For School products, specifically the Dinoplatz line, which is more high-end. And dinosaur-themed.
This is the ArtClass Estompes Pencil Eraser makeup corrector!
The box also provides a handy definition for what an estompes is. Thank you, Too Cool!
I have a makeup eraser from Prestige because I thought it would help me step up my winged-liner game, but it's so rough, that it ends up hurting my skin without really taking off any makeup. I'm hoping this product will be a bit more gentle.
The white end is a gentle makeup remover; not sure if this is all I get or if I can sharpen it or something, but I'm pretty sure you can't twist it up. The other end is a super soft foam smudger; I think you can use it to rub off dried mascara and what not and to help 'erase' makeup after coating it with the remover.
You do get two replacement tips; I thought the white one was an extra tip of the remover, but they're both foam smudgers (though they are a little more stiff than the one already in the pencil). This product cost about the same as the Prestige remover that I have, so if it doesn't work out, it's not a big loss.
I can't place an order of Korean beauty products without getting at least one sheet mask! This is the Re:cipe Special Black Bean Eye Patch. I can always use another eye patch sheet mask, and the picture on the front amused me greatly. Plus I think this was on sale, so how could I not buy it?
I also got this mint green Color Bucket Flash Pop-up Geller eyeliner on sale!
Mint! I think Color Bucket is one of those drugstore brands that come out with crazy colors so people can experiment with them without the risk of spending a ton of money on something you may only use once or twice. I could be wrong, though.
For being a pastel mint, this pencil has good pigmentation. It's a little stiff and dry, especially for a 'gel' liner, so it can be kind of difficult to work with at times, but I think the color is totally worth it. Plus, I think this was less than $7, so, again, no big loss if it doesn't work out.
How about some silk worm cocoons?
Cocoons that you rub on your face! These are COSRX Blackhead Silk Finger Balls, and they're basically little exfoliating pads that fit on your finger. You soak them in warm water for a few minutes, then massage your face anywhere you want to exfoliate. These are also made out of 100% natural silk cocoons, which is pretty awesome (and gross, but in an awesome way). As long as it works, and it doesn't damage my skin, I'm down with trying anything weird and different in my skincare routine. This is one of the reasons why I love K-Beauty so much!
Memebox was kind enough to throw in another face mask for free! This is a Pure Aloe Mask by the brand Tosowoong. I've never used any of their sheet masks before (...nor have I even heard of them), but if I like this mask, I'll definitely purchase more (...probably to help me get free shipping the next time Sexy Red Oops! My Lip Tint Pack comes in stock).
Before I bring this post to a close, I wanted to show you the box my products came in. I think Memebox is known for having these bright pink boxes (all the old mystery Memeboxes were this color of pink), so it's nice to see them continuing on with the tradition. I will say, though, that when my box shipped, it was folded in the opposite way so the brown cardboard was on the outside and the hot pink was on the inside. Very peculiar.
Also on the (previously) inside of the box was Memebox's Instagram name...
...and this weird, kissy face cat! I thought it was a super cute detail, especially since it was hidden away in an inner corner when I my box was folded the other way around.

And that was my Memebox order! I haven't purchased from Memebox for a while now since the quality of their mystery boxes seem to have slowly degraded over time, but it seems like they've put a lot of effort in, and are much more focused on, their store. If you're looking to purchase some unique and interesting K-Beauty products, I would recommend checking out Memebox!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment