Friday, October 2, 2015

YSL Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick - Influenster Voxbox - Swatch and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! For this post, I want to share with you guys an extra special Influenster Voxbox: the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Voxbox!
I was lucky enough to recieve the last YSL Influenster Voxbox featuring the Touche Eclat primers, and I was even more lucky to get into the Rouge Pur Couture Voxbox! In this box, we received two of the new Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks: 19 Fuchsia and 09 Rose Stiletto.
Quick rundown of Influenster: it's a website where you can connect your social media accounts and review products/answer other users questions to gain social impact. The more impact you have, the more likely you are the receive Voxboxes. Voxboxes are special boxes that Influenster sends out, free of charge, that are full of products for you to test and review! You don't have to just like beauty products; there are other categories including wellness, video games, fashion, and pets! If you do want to sign up for Influenster, I would appreciate it if you used my referral link here (otherwise, you can just go directly to the Influenster homepage).
This Voxbox came in what I'm pretty sure is exactly the same black box as the Touche Eclat primer Voxbox; my box got a little beat up in the mail, but my lipsticks both arrived safe and sound.
We also got a little info card with some promotional imagery on the front, along with the tagline "The Rouge That Dresses Me". Not sure if that's supposed to be a loose translation of Rouge Pur Couture, bu I think it's pretty close.
On the back of the info card it gives you a little blurb about the lipsticks, along with some direction on what to do with your Voxbox and who to tag in your social media posts.
And here are the lipsticks! As I said, we got two: 09 Rose Stiletto and 19 Fuchsia. The boxes are the same shiny gold as the primer boxes were.
The color numbers, along with their names, are also listed on the tops of the boxes. The color names are not listed on the lipsticks themselves, only the numbers, so if knowing the name is important to you, you might want to keep the boxes. You can also look it up online, so it's not like it's lost forever, but sometimes it's nice to have a physical reference.
The lipstick tubes themselves are gorgeous and luxurious feeling; this is in contrast to how cheap the packaging for the Touche Eclat primer felt and I'm glad these lippies are so heavy and luxe. I don't think the tubes are made out of metal, but they don't feel like plastic, so I'm not sure.
The lipstick tubes are completely gold on the inside and appear to made out of the same material as the outside. There's no decoration on the tubes themselves; the design, while luxe, is very minimalist. The only adornment, after taking off the cap, is the YSL logo stamped into the bullet. Everything moves smoothly and, while there doesn't appear to be any kind of locking mechanism or magnet, the tubes feel very secure when closed.

 Out of the two colors I received, 19 Fuchsia is my favorite; it's also the color I wore to work one day. According to Sephora, this is a bright fuchsia pink and it's a limited edition color (for the summer most likely). I got so many compliments on this lipstick; everyone wanted to know what color and brand it was! The lipstick itself is very creamy and pigmented, but even though it feels moisturizing on the lips, it stays on. My lip color lasted throughout my whole shift, even through light eating and drinking, without a single touch up! I'm used to more dry matte finishes lasting a long time, but I was really surprised that something so creamy feeling would last so long. It never dried down, but it never felt tacky nor slippery; it just felt, well, good!
 The other color, 09 Rose Stiletto, is described as a rich berry rose. I have not worn this color yet, but I assume it will feel and act similarly to 19 Fuchsia.
 On the left is 09 Rose Stiletto swatched and on the right is 19 Fuchsia. The lighting looks super different between the two, but it's from the same picture so it's not as extreme as it seems. I am a little concerned that 09 Rose Stiletto won't be as flattering as 19 Fuchsia on me (I tend to struggle with rosey colors), but, since everyone received these same colors regardless of skin tone, I'm just happy that one of the colors worked so well for me!

The only negative comment I have about these lipsticks besides their price (which I will address shortly), is that they are rose-scented. I don't like rose-scented anything, including actual roses, so I am a bit biased here. To me it smells like a really fake rose, but not like a cheap fake rose, if that makes sense. It's almost kind of a sweet rose scent; it's not appealing in the slightest to me, but if you like rose scents, you may like it. It's not heavily fragranced, though, and after you apply it, the scent dissipates almost immediately. I was worried that I would be smelling my lipstick all day long, especially since it's right under my nose, but after a few moments I couldn't smell it anymore. If you're sensitive to scents or have an allergy, you might find this irritating, but if you're like me and just don't like the scent, it disappears quickly enough to no be an issue.

I think these lipsticks are pretty awesome; the colors are pigmented and beautiful, the formula is long lasting, and they feel really nice on the lips (the formula includes rosemary extract, carrot extract, and yeast extract). These lipsticks are also $36 each. Which is a lot. My favorite lipsticks ever, MAC lipsticks, fit the same criteria for being awesome and are a little less than $20 each. I feel like that $20 mark is about where the quality of lipstick plateaus and you start paying for designer names and packaging. If you're in the market for a designer lipstick and want something that not only is a good lipstick in and of itself but also something that is beautifully packaged and makes you feel special when you pull it out of your purse, then these are definitely a lipstick you should look in to! If you just want a good lipstick, there are other options out there that are just as great but are almost half the price. Basically, you have to ask yourself: is the YSL branding worth an extra $16 for me?

And that's my review of my YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks in 09 Rose Stiletto and 19 Fuchsia! Overall, I think these are great lipsticks, you just have to be comfortable paying a little bit more for the YSL name. Next time I'm in Sephora. I'm definitely going to check out the other colors in the line and see what else is out there!

These products were given to me free of charge for review purposes.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment