Friday, September 25, 2015

September 2015 Glamour Doll Eyes Of The Month - Sixteen Candles - Indie Subscription Unboxing!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! For this post, I want to share with you my September 2015 Glamour Doll Eyes Of The Month; the theme for September 2015 is the movie Sixteen Candles!

My video is a two-for-one with my August 2015 GDE OTM since they shipped together (you can either watch the video or read my other post to see why), but I wanted to do individual posts since I find it easier to get into a lot more detail that way.

Admittedly, I've only seen Sixteen Candles once and that was years ago (the movie itself is three years older than I am) so the references are kind of lost on me, but that's okay because I still love all the products and colors.
The baggie my OTM came in is super cute and floraly!
I think I'm going to keep starting these kinds of posts with quick info breakdowns since you never know if this is the first time someone is learning about a subscription service or not, so I apologize if these are boring and repetitive. Glamour Doll Eyes is an indie cosmetic company owned and operated by the lovely Vee. The subscription service, called Of The Month (or OTM), is $10 a month ($8 plus $2 shipping; the shipping is higher for international orders). Along with the Of The Month full sized eye shadow (a special limited edition color made only for the subscription with a handful that can be purchased individually valued at $6), you generally get a few extras from other (mostly indie) companies. Since this is an indie subscription demand far exceeds supply, so if you're interested in signing up, I highly recommend joining the Facebook group and getting yourself added to the waitlist.
Normally, I have pictures of the business cards and extra sticker included, but this month I only got the standard two GDE business cards and no special sticker. My August 2015 OTM had it's sticker, so I don't know if mine was just missing one or if Vee didn't make any this month. We did get a charm this month (Vee said she would try to include one in every OTM but wasn't sure due to costs. So far, she has been able to include one every month) and it's a brass pair of polka dot panties! I know I say this in every OTM post, but I love how Vee tries very hard to get everything included to adhere to the theme, including the graphics on the info cards.
Along with the OTM shadow, you're guaranteed every month to get candy! For September 2015, we got Nerds! Delicious and theme appropriate.
On the front of the info card you get the color description, ingredient list, and a fun look for the Of The Month shadow, along with a special section called TMI (Try More Indie).
The color this month is called "I Can't Believe I Gave My Panties To A Geek" (this is where the panties charm comes in!).
It has a custom label to match the theme (I think these custom labels is a newer thing, though I could be wrong. I'd have to go back and check my other posts to make sure) and is described as a "golden yellow with strong red shift and sparkle".
I do my swatches dry on bare, unprimed skin, so if you want to increase the intensity of the color or sparkle, you can foil these loose shadows or use them over primer. The color is very similar to my skin tone (it sounds weird, but since I love carrots and pumpkin and sweet potatoes, I got a lot of beta carotene in my diet which has caused my skin to turn more golden. Not to get too sidetracked, but it's not an uncommon occurrence and, in a study, it was found that people rated other people as more attractive if their skin was colored through diet instead of being colored through tanning.) so, like the August 2015 OTM, it will be a nice shadow to wear if I want sparkle but not a lot of color.

The TMI this month is sixteen92, an indie perfumery company. I've heard of sixteen92 before through Evolution Of A Foodie, but I've never tried any of their products. The code this month is unfortunately for OTM subscribers only, but if you're interested in some unique perfumes, give their shop a look!
On the back of the info card (...which is blurry. I had to move from in front of my window to my breakfast nook since my cat decided she wanted to help me take pictures) there is information about the two extras we got this month, along with theme for October 2015, which is Dexter!
The first extra we got for September is the Sugar Kisses Lip Polish by Spectrum Cosmetics. It is flavored like birthday cake (yay!) and contains pure cane sugar and jojoba beads.
The jojoba beads are multicolored and look like sprinkles! I was running low on my lip scrub from LUSH, so this came at the perfect time.
The other extra we got was nail polish! This is Spirited Student polish by Alter Ego Nail Enamels. Along with the polish, we got a letter from Alter Ego which included all their contact info, some more information about the brand, and some information about the polishes themselves.
This polish is described as a "blue base with gold glitter" and they remind you to make sure you shake your polish to ensure even glitter distribution.
This is definitely a jelly-texture polish and I would recommend using it over another color since it will take many, many coats to reach opactiy on its own. It's basically a jelly sandwich in a bottle, and, due to the pigments, it does dry down to a matte finish (my swatch picture is about four coats and the last coat was still wet when I took it) so if you want it to be glossy, you'll have to add a top coat.

And that was my September 2015 Glamour Doll Eyes Of The Month subscription baggie! Another great month packed with great products to try from great companies! (Greatgreatgreat.) Again, if you're interested in this subscription, I highly recommend joining the GDE Facebook group since that's going to be the best way to get up-to-date information.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment