Saturday, September 26, 2015

MAC Real Redhead Lipstick - Swatch and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! This is going to be a super quick swatch and review post of MAC's Real Redhead lipstick.
I'm already a huge fan of MAC lipsticks; in fact, I feel comfortable saying they're in my top three, if not the top, favorite brands of lipstick. The color selection is vast, the formula is excellent, there are a bunch of different finishes to choose from, and they smell like vanilla. Plus, the containers are sleek and smooth and very elegant. So it's no surprise that, on a mini quest to find a good "my lips but better" lipstick color, that my first and last stop was my MAC counter.
Normally, I prefer to wear bright, intense, or just plain different lip colors, but every now and then I just want my own lip color.
Except, you know, while still wearing a lipstick. I had done a little research online before actually heading out and I had my selections narrowed down to a few colors that I wanted to see in real life. After swatching and talking with the artists working that day, I finally decided on Real Redhead!
MAC describes it as a mauve nude with a lustre finish. It was a little sheerer than I wanted, but I actually think that works to its benefit at a "my lips but butter" color since it lets my own natural color shine through.
Not only was I able to find the perfect nude (like, "I'm not wearing anything" nude, not a "nude nude", if that makes sense) lip color, I also now know that I need to look for colors that have a more mauve undertone if I want more natural looking lip colors.

If you're looking for a good, natural, "I'm not wearing anything and my lips always look this good why do you ask?" color, and you have a light-medium skin tone with neutral to golden undertones, definitely check out Real Redhead from MAC!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment