Saturday, September 26, 2015

LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick - Show Girl and Sex Kitten, Plus Goddess Lip Gloss! - Swatch & Review

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! For this post, I want to share with you guys two more LORAC Alter Ego lipsticks that I recently purchased!

My video is my big haul, but I wanted to include some live swatching along with my photos. I've done a review and swatch post on my other LORAC Alter Ego lipsticks, so I won't wax too poetically about the formula (which is amazing) and focus mainly on the colors.
During Ulta's 21 Days Of Beauty (the last day was today, actually, so I don't think you can get this deal anymore), the LORAC Alter Ego lipsticks were on sale for 50% off.
Originally they retail for $16, so that meant that they were only $8 each. Cheaper than some drugstore brand lipsticks! I really wanted to get Dominatrix, but unfortunately my Ulta never got it in stock (and now it probably will get a million of them since the sale is over). I wasn't going to let such a good deal on a lipstick formula that I really love pass me by, so I ended up with two: Sex Kitten and Show Girl.
If you look close, you can see that Sex Kitten has a little subtitle of "Lolita". I don't know if that's an alternative name or what, but my other Alter Egos only have one name. I think it might be there because LORAC wanted to call it Lolita, but couldn't due to it being: a. scandalous and, b. a name already taken by the beloved Kat Von D Lolita lipstick.
The tubes are the standard gunmetal grey (five of my Alter Ego lipsticks are in gold tubes since they were part of a special set from Kohls) and show the color of the lipstick in a clear well on the bottom.
 LORAC describes Sex Kitten as pink. Literally just pink. LORAC is pretty straight forward with their color descriptions (the Pro palettes are good examples of this). The lipstick bullets are imprinted with the LORAC name, which makes them feel quite luxe.
 Annnnd LORAC describes Show Girl as watermelon. It's a fairly accurate description, just very...terse. While I was picking my lipsticks, I guess I was in a pink-y mood! I also considered getting Flower Child and Supermodel (both of which were in stock) but I was worried Flower Child would be too orange of a red (...which is odd because I own a legit orange lipstick) and I have to be careful with lighter nudes like Supermodel because they can make me look dead.
Here are both colors swatched; the top is Sex Kitten and the bottom is Show Girl. Swatched side by side like this, I think you can see the color nuances better than if they were swatched individually. Sex Kitten is a lot cooler and blue-toned while Show Girl is warmer and more yellow-toned. Both are pretty colors, though I kind of wish I had gone for something a little more risky like Flower Child or Supermodel (I really wish I could have gotten Dominatrix, but alas). Again, I won't talk too much about it, but the formula of these lipsticks is really great; they smell like vanilla, too!
As a bonus, I got a sample of the Alter Ego Lip Gloss in Goddess!
I already have the lipstick in Goddess (described as a mauve), so I knew I would like this color, but this is my first experience with the Alter Ego lip glosses.
I've really moved away from lip glosses; you have to reapply them often and they always look weird on my lips since they seem to pool in some places and not in others. I also could just be very bad at putting them on. I was surprised by how opaque this was, and again I think the color is super pretty, but I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of it. I think I'll try doing some layered looks, or even using it over my Goddess lipstick to add some shine (the Alter Ego lipsticks are all demi-matte finishes).

I don't believe you can get these lipsticks on sale anymore (at least after tonight), but even at their full price of $16, I definitely think they're worth it!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment