Thursday, August 6, 2015

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfectors VoxBox - Plus Where I've Been!

Hello! I hope you're all having a great day! So...it's been a while, hasn't it? Like over a month. Actually, I don't think I made a single blog post or video for the entire month of July. And it's about a week into August. And I'm very sorry for my absence! I really missed blogging and vlogging, but July was a very busy, very intense month for me. I was reaching the breaking point with our upstairs neighbors and how loud and obnoxious they were and how little sleep I was getting because of it. Add that to a bunch of life stuff and I ended up exhausted and depressed and just over everything. So! My husband and I ended up moving and (after a shaky start) I think that once everything settles down, we'll be much happier, healthier people here. And I'll be able to go back to blogging and vlogging! Starting with this post!
Near the end of July, I got a very special Influenster Voxbox - the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfectors Voxbox!
Ooo, fancy!
First things first, though: Influenster (that is my referral link; if you don't want to use it, you can click here instead) is a website where you can share your opinions on a bunch of different products, including beauty, fashion, food, household products, books; almost anything! You then earn points for your reviews (or answering other users questions or taking surveys or participating in campaigns), which is added to a number called your social impact. You can also link your social media accounts to increase your impact score. Every now and then (actually, I think they have a ton out there, though most people only qualify for a handful) you can take a special survey to get a chance at getting a Voxbox. A Voxbox is a basically a box of samples that Influenster mails you for free (no shipping or anything) as long as you promise to review the products you receive. There are also virtual Voxboxes, which are online only campaigns that give you a coupon you can use to get a product for free/at a discount or that ask you to do something like take a certain picture in order to earn points. It's very fun to do, especially if you're like me and you like to share your opinions with other people!
I got especially lucky this time around and got the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blue Perfectors Voxbox! In this box, I recieved the full-sized Touche Eclat Blur Perfector and a deluxe sample size of the Touche Eclat Blur Primer.
I've used a handful of products from YSL before, my favorite being the Touche Eclat Radiant Touch highlighter pen. I actually was interested in trying the Blur Perfector even before I took the survey to be considered for this box, so I'm especially happy that I got to try it!
I'll actually start with the Blur Primer, since it's just a deluxe sized sample. I apologize for the quality of some of my photos; another reason why I took a break from blogging/vlogging is that I wasn't happy with my picture and video quality due to my lightening restrictions. Hopefully, now I will be able to take better photos and film better videos! Plus, the packaging on these products is a very shiny yellow gold, so my camera struggled a bit.
The full size of this product is 1fl oz and I received a 0.33fl oz sample (so about a third of the full size!) I was initially a little leery of trying this product since my skin doesn't seem to like silicone based primers (it gets blotchy and a lot of times they make me break out. The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is the worst offender...). This primer also has a special blend of four oils: corn oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora oil, and rice bran oil, to provide lightwight, non-greasy nourishment and hydration.
The full size of this primer comes in a pump bottle, but the sample size comes with a paddle applicator. I much prefer the pump since it's more sanitary and it keeps the ingredients more potent and intact since they don't get as much air exposure.
The Blur Primer is a clear, very light feeling gel with flecks of gold. I was worried that the gold flecks would be obvious and like a weird glitter, but once you rub it in, they are very, very subtle and hard to spot.
I tried very hard to capture any glittery flecks on camera and I couldn't! I was only able to get one to flash and even then, as you can see, it did not show up. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this primer! It did not irritate my skin at all, even after wearing it all day. It also left my skin feeling smooth and soft and it did not feel greasy or heavy or any other kind of strange, undesirable texture. They only real downside is the price; at $52 for 1fl oz, it is definitely on the splurge-y side. I may not purchase the full size of this primer based on the price, but I certainly would like to!
And now for what I like to think of as the main event of this Voxbox! Again, I apologize for any less than perfect pictures.
This is the YSL Touche Elcat Blur Perfector, and dang is it pretty! It's a yellow gold compact with a pale pink plastic top with the YSL logo. It's surprisingly light, especially for a higher end product.
When I first saw this product, I thought it was a setting powder. I apparently didn't read very in-depth about what it was, because I didn't know that it wasn't until I got my Voxbox! It's actually very similar to the Mally Face Defender, if you have any experience with that product. It's like a semi-solid silicone gel that you apply using your fingers or the included puff.
Even the puff has the YSL logo! Unfortunately, the puff doesn't fit into the compact...
So they give you a little black velvet bag to hold everything in! I do prefer products that provide you with an extra space to hold an applicator, but it's nice that there is a way to keep everything together at least.
Back to the product itself; YSL describes it as a "balm that transforms to a powder upon application to soften the skin’s imperfections". Again, if you've ever used Mally's Face Defender, this is pretty similar, at least concept-wise. YSL's Perfector has a soft, pink tint to help impart a soft radiance and I think it also has very tiny flecks of shimmer (it's hard to tell, even in the light).
As this very shiny and poor quality picture, shows, you can use this product as both a primer or as a touch-up throughout the day. I personally prefer it as a primer, and I prefer it over the actual Touche Elcat primer! It leaves my skin feeling very soft and smooth, but it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all; like that's how my skin just always is (even though it definitely is not). Again, the only real downside to this product is it's price; it is $55 and, while I absolutely love it and love using it, I'm not sure I could justify paying that much for it (at least right now).

And that's my Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfectors Voxbox! I was provided these items complimentary for review purposes. I hope this review was helpful!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment