Sunday, June 21, 2015

Revlon Perfumerie Nail Polish - Spun Sugar - Swatch and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! For this post, I wanted to talk really quick about another Revlon Perfumerie nail polish I picked up, this time in Spun Sugar!
The Revlon Perfumerie collection is a line of scented nail polishes! These aren't the first scented nail polishes ever, but they are some of the more mainstream, easily available ones. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), this line is on clearance at Ulta, which is where I picked up mine. This is my second polish from this collection, the other being Beachy.
Not sure how easy it is to read, but the back of the bottle warns you that the polish is only scented when dry, so don't go sniffing it straight out of the bottle.
As you apply this polish, the scent gets stronger after it dries down, so don't be discouraged if it just smells like polish at first (again, don't sniff wet polish).
Spun Sugar is a metallic platinum chrome color; I really like this color (it's not quite silver and not quite white gold) but I have a love/hate relationship with chrome finish polishes. I have a hard time getting them to not be streaky; this swatch is actually one of my better efforts. This polish smells fairly strongly when dry; you won't be able to smell it just by being near me, but if you're near my hands, you can definitely smell it. You can also smell this polish even under a topcoat, which is weird, but nice! While this polish smells like sugar, it's a more perfume-type of sugar than a super sweet type of sugar, if that makes sense. It's like if you made a men's cologne that had the main note of sugar; there's a muskiness to it that I actually really like. It's surprisingly unique and I'm kind of sad that I can't purchase this scent in perfume form.

Overall, I think this is an interesting line of polish; the scents are a little gimmicky and they only last for about a day (not sure if this changes based on how often you wash your hands or anything; Revlon only promises a day of scent, though, so it's not like it was unexpected), but the polish itself is nice, especially for a drugstore brand. I generally don't reach for my drugstore brand polishes (I've actually given away most of my drugstore polishes just because they sit around unused), but I may use this one again just because the scent of it is so intriguing.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment