Sunday, June 21, 2015

NYX HD Blush - HDB22 Taupe - Swatch and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! For this post I wanted to take a super quick look at the Nyx HD Blush in the color Taupe!
The HD Blushes are a marginally new item for Nyx and they describe them as "A high definition, lightweight blush that blends evenly. This vibrant and silky blush delivers a beautiful flush of color and is paraben free.". I like the sleek, black plastic packaging of these blushes, especially since they're very tricky to depot (my friend tried and ended up completely shattering hers) because of how lightweight (they're really powdery, but in a good way) they are.
I picked up the color Taupe not for blush, but for contouring!
My friend highly recommend this product for contouring since it's so cool-toned and light. In fact, she's on her second or third one now (excluding the broken one). Taupe is very popular with other people for the same reasons, so it can be kind of tricky to get your hands on. It's currently sold out on the NYX website, and I rarely see it in stock at Ulta (which is where I got mine).
You get a lot of product in the pan, though my friend says she blows through hers super fast because of it's powdery-ness (again, this is not a bad thing; I believe it's just not packed as hard in the pan as other pressed blushes, which contributes to it's ease of use as a contour color. I can be very heavy handed with blushes and bronzers, so I appreciate the control I get with this type of pressed powder).
I wouldn't recommend this as a contour color if you are more of a tan-dark skintone; it's the perfect level of color for my light to light/medium skin, but it does take a little bit of building up. Again, I like the control I get with this product, I struggle with being way too heavy-handed with my cheek products and I always have to go back and re-blend them out.

If you're interested in giving this product a try, I would recommened checking out your local Ulta to see if they have it in stock. Not only is it the same price as on the Nyx website, but they always have deals like "buy one get one 50% off" plus you can use the $3.50 off of $10 coupons!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment