Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Best Of Becca Set - Shimmering Skin Perfectors, Beach Tint, Shimmer Souffle - Swatches & First Impressions!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! For this post, I wanted to take a more in-depth look at my Best Of Becca sampler set! Becca is a mid-to-high end Australian cosmetics line and you can find it at both Sephora and Ulta.

I'm pretty sure this specific kit is no longer available, but all the products inside are part of the Becca permanent line, so I thought it would still be relevant and informative to show you guys the products in this set, along with swatches and my first impressions.

I've used a few Becca products in the past and, while this line is a little more on the expensive side, I have been very impressed! I love the Shimmering Skin Perfectors and the pressed powder foundation (I currently use the color Buttercup, which is a little too dark for my winter skin but should be perfect for summer. I just hit pan on it, however, so I'm not sure how much longer it will last me...) and have been interested in trying the pressed Shimmering Skin Perfectors and Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles. The Best Of Becca set included both, along with two other products and, at $34.50, I thought it would be a great way to give them a try!
Look how gorgeous the box is; my two favorite colors to wear in the summer are coral and bronze/gold and this set has them in spades!
As I said, and as the front of the box implies, there are four products in this set.
Two of the products, the Shimmer Skin Perfectors, are deluxe sample/travel size, but the two Beach Tints (well, one is a Beach Tint, one is a Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle) are full sized. Nice. Again, the original price of this box was $34.50 and the total value of products included is $67.60, so almost double what I paid.
I love how Becca's compacts look like little UFOs! ...that was seriously one of the deciding factors when I purchased my pressed powder foundation. I love unique and interesting packaging and find that it can, and will, influence what I buy.
This is a deluxe sample of the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in the color Rose Gold, a soft gold highlight infused with rose tones. This product is packed full of ultra-fine luminescent pigments that, unlike normal pressed powders, are blended with special liquid binders (though now that I think about it, aren't all pressed powders mixed with liquid binders?) to create a very creamy and blend-able powder.
Ugh, so gorgeous! This is a surprisingly unique highlight color, at least in my collection. Many of my highlighters are either gold, champagne, or pinky colored. This Rose Gold color is significantly deeper in color than my pinky highlighters and it is packed with shimmer. If you don't like shimmer, this is not for you. Even though it is super shimmery, it's not glittery; the shimmer is fine enough where it won't look like you're wearing straight up glitter.
My swatch is a little on the heavy side (heavier than what you'd probably wear on your face), but I think it shows what I was talking about when I said I don't have any highlighters similar to this in color. You can also see how it is super duper shimmery but not in a chunky way. This is definitely a more summer-appropriate type of highlight. The full size is 0.28oz for $38 (they're actually quite large!) making this 0.085oz sample worth about $11.50.
Next, I got the Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in the color Opal, a golden opal pearl color.
This is a sheer cream-liquid (it's thicker than my other liquid highlighters) product with the same ultra-fine luminescent pearl pigments as the pressed version. You can use this product as a cream highlight or you can mix it with your foundation and/or body lotion for all over shimmer and radiance.
I actually have this product in the purchasable travel-size squeezy tube and I love it! It use it on the tops of my cheekbones and on my brow bone to give my face a subtle lift and light. I don't think you can purchase this product in this exact form (in a tube with a doe-foot applicator), but you can purchase the full size in a pump bottle or the aforementioned travel sized squeezy tube. I like this version better for spot-highlighting (probably why it's called the Spotlight version), but I prefer the full/travel sizes for mixing with other products. The full pump bottle is 1.7fl oz for $41 (I don't know how much product is in the squeezy tube, but it retails for about $10), making this 0.17fl oz sample worth about $4.10.
Onto the full sized products! This is a Beach Tint in the color Guava, a bright coral pink.
Also, the hardest to read color name ever. This product can be used on both cheeks and lips and it is an oil-free, water-resistant creme stain with vitamin E. It also have a subtle, fruity scent.
Again, I love the color of this product! I love corals and this is just bright enough to be summery but still subdued enough to be wearable every day. I haven't tried this product on my lips so I'm not sure if it has a taste or anything nor can I speak to how long it wears, but again, this is a product that, if it lives up to it's claims, will be a summer staple for me. My only complaint is that it's kind of on the small side, especially for the cost. This is a full sized product at 0.24fl oz and it retails for $25. For comparison purposes, a full size OCC lip tar is 0.33fl oz, comes with a lip brush, and is $18. I will say, though, that a little goes a long way, so even though the tube is small, it will likely last all summer (and beyond!).
Last, but not least, is a full size Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in the color Watermelon/Moonstone, a coral red infused with pale gold. I don't have a picture of the top of this product because it's super shiny silver and my camera didn't want to cooperate, but it's basically a flat, extra shiny version of the metal disk on the compact.
This is an air-whipped gel to powder cheek product and it has the most interesting texture; if you find yourself at Ulta or Sephora, I suggest checking it out. Admittedly, the texture will probably be a bit different (more dry and stiff) due to it being constantly exposed to air and fingers, but it's just sooooo soft and airy and blendable. This product is oil-, paraben-, and talc-free and is water-resistant. It also has redness reducing brown algae!
It starts off pretty sheer (again, not a bad quality in a cheek product), but you can build up the color. These Shimmer Souffles are actually color mixes of Beach Tints (in this case, Watermelon) and Shimmering Skin Perfectors (Moonstone) and they smell like watermelon Jolly Ranchers (at least mine does; not sure if it's different for other colors). Even though I love, and will use, all the products in this set, this one is my favorite out of the four! This is a full size and retails for $27, which I think is completely worth it, unless it ends up drying out really quickly. I've had this sitting around for about a month now, opening it off and on to swatch, and it still feels the same, so no issues yet.

Overall, I am very, very happy that I was able to get my hands on this set! I paid $34.50 and got two deluxe sized samples and two full sized products for a total value of about $67.60. If you can't find this set, I'd still recommend checking out the Becca Cosmetics line since all these products and colors are currently available in full (and some in travel) sizes. If I could only purchase one of these products, I would go for the Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle; the texture is really unique and I love the color and finish.

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment