Sunday, March 1, 2015

Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick - Legendary - Swatch and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! I wanted to take a little more in-depth look at my new Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in the color Legendary!
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, so I might not even need to cut this post! As I stated in my recent haul, my Ulta was having a Smashbox event at which I ended up giving this lipstick a try. I've used quite a few Smashbox products in the past and have felt pretty indifferent about the brand, but I was very impressed with this lipstick!
I think this is their "iconic red" color (Smashbox describes it as a "true red"), and I can definitely see why!
 The color was super flattering on me, and it seems to work with a variety of skin tones since a lot of other people were trying it out that day and it looked great on most of them.
I think what made this such a flattering red is that it's more cool-toned; I like warm-tone reds, but they can be hard to pull off. They can also make your teeth look yellow, which can be annoying, especially if you're like me and don't really whiten your teeth.

Even though I was pretty much sold on the color alone, I was also super impressed at the performance of this lipstick. The Be Legendary lipsticks range in finishes from mattes to creams and I think this finish falls somewhere in the middle. It was very comfortable to wear (these lipsticks have "shea butter for lasting hydration and vitamins C and E to protect", according to the information on Sephora) and never looked dry or flakey. The wear-time was awesome; it lasted a good 6 hours before I noticed it fading, and that was with light eating and drinking. When it did start to fade, it did so evenly, so my lips never looked patchy or like I needed to reapply.

While the Be Legendary lipsticks are a little on the pricey side at $20, they definitely aren't the most expensive lipsticks out there. I'm not sure how all the different colors/finishes of this line perform, but I can say that if you're looking for a great red lipstick, definitely give this one a try!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment