Thursday, March 26, 2015

LORAC AlterEgo Lipstick - Goddess - Swatch and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great day! I wanted to do a quick post about my LORAC AlterEgo lipstick in the color Goddess!
My friend got this lipstick for me for Valentine's Day; I knew I already loved the LORAC AlterEgo lipsticks since I got the Kohl's exclusive set and someone on Youtube commented on one of my videos suggesting I try the color Goddess. So, when my friend asked me what color I wanted, I didn't hesitate asking for Goddess.
 LORAC's bare-bones description of Goddess is that it is a "mauve".
It is also sold out online from LORAC, so I'm not sure if it's a popular color or if it's so unpopular that LORAC doesn't feel like restocking it. I'd like to think the former, since it's such a pretty color!
 Left is a more shaded picture, while the right is in more direct sunlight. I wanted to show how the color can vary a little based on the lighting. The packaging is the same as the lipsticks from Kohl's set, except that the tube is silver instead of gold. "LORAC" is stamped on the bullet and it has the same pleasant vanilla scent as the other AlterEgo lipsticks I have.
Goddess performed beautifully! It is highly pigmented and is very creamy; this swatch is one swipe on the back of my hand. So far, the only AlterEgo lipstick I've had any issue with has been Free Spirit; it was a little drier than the other AlterEgos I have and swatched a little less pigmented and more patchy. I love the demi-matte finish these lipsticks have and they feel very comfortable on the lips.

Goddess is definitely a more unique color, but it is very wearable! Much more so than you'd think at first. You can see in my pictures how it can pull a little more pinky in certain lights, but it looks more purple in others. If you're looking for a great mauve lipstick, definitely check out the Goddess AlterEgo lipstick!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment