Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 2014 Ipsy Bag! - Unbagging and Review!

Hello! Hope you're having a great Father's Day! It was supposed to be super rainy and stormy today, but it ended up being sunny and nice! I'm a little sad, though, since my parents were going to come down and visit us yesterday to avoid the predicted bad weather of today, but it ended up not working out since it stormed yesterday. I know Meteorology isn't an exact science, but it can definitely be frustrating.

For this post, I want to show what I got in my June 2014 Ipsy bag! This is my favorite subscription service; it's only $10 a month, shipping included, and I always feel like I get my money's worth!
The pink mailer of happiness!
Apparently, this month's theme is "Pretty In Paradise".
Ipsy is one of those bags/boxes that have a monthly theme, but only in name. Honestly, only the bag is the one item that I would say for sure connects with the theme. It doesn't bug me as much as it does with, say Glossybox, since this is only $10 a month and it feels more...fun and carefree and less luxe and serious.
As always, you can take a picture of your Ipsy bag and goodies, post it to a social media service, and get entered to win a free year of Ipsy! I like to peek at what brands are on offer before I look at what I got in my bag. Kind of so-so this month, but not bad.

Every month Ipsy sends a new makeup bag filled with goodies! This month, it's one of those "kind of ugly to the point it's cute" type of bags.
It's a dark navy blue with a pineapple print and bright red zipper and inside. Not my favorite bag, but not the worst.
It was also apparently designed by Rebecca Minkoff, so hey, it's even a designer makeup bag!

 Going in the order the products are in my Glam Room (your personalized online info page), I'll start with my...
Be A Bombshell Lash Out Mascara! I feel like Be A Bombshell has items in Ipsy bags every single month. They're priced like a higher-end brand, but they seem a little on the cheaper side to me. Not that they're bad products; it's more of a cheap packaging/aesthetic kind of thing. This is a standard, black mascara and it's supposed to be lengthening (which I don't need; my lashes are super long, just fine and sparse). I have so many mascaras right now that I really like that I'm just going to give this away. I might put it in a Youtube giveaway or I might give it to my mom. This is the full size of this product and it's worth $15, which is pretty neat!

It's the return of the beach texture sprays!
I thought this year was going to be the Summer of the Hair Mask, but maybe I was wrong. This is the first texturizing/beach hair spray I've gotten, so this may end up being the only one, but it also may be one of many. We'll see... This spray has hydrolyzed silk, provitamin B5 (again, what does the "pro" part mean?), and it offers UV protection for your hair, which is a nice plus. You can also use this on damp or dry hair, so I definitely appreciate that. The full size of this is 4.2fl oz for $8.79, making this 1.52fl oz sample worth $3.18.

I was initially disappointed that I got this product because I already own it, but now I'm happy I have a brand new one!
This is a NYX Butter Gloss in the color Creme Brulee. You could have gotten this one, Eclair, or Apple Strudel. Like I said, I already own this color and Apple Strudel, but I got them in a set for Christmas, so they're over six months old now and probably should be replaced anyways!

It's a very soft, wearable peachy pink and it smells sweet! I do really like this product (it really does feel smooth as butter on your lips!) so I can't complain too much. This is the full size and it's worth $5.

Now for the most disappointing product from this month's bag...
Jesse's Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. To start with, I'm not a big fan of this brand. I really didn't like the eyeshadow we got from them, and it just seems very cheap. My biggest problem with this product is that it leaked. Everywhere. When I opened it for the first time. I got black, waterproof eyeliner all over my hands and under my nails, and I'm still finding little drops of it here and there. I even found some inside my Coach purse which really irritated me. I checked the comments on the Ipsy website and it sounds like a lot of people had issues with this product leaking and being unusable. Not sure if it ships poorly or if there's a flaw with this product, but I don't even want to open it again. I did play with a little and I really hate the formula (it bled really bad), but the brush is actually really interesting.
Not sure if you can read this (you might have to click on the picture to make it bigger), but it talks more about the brush. It's inspired by a calligraphy brush and, if the packaging didn't leak and the formula was nicer, I might actually like this product just because of the brush. Honestly, I'm just going to throw this away. This is the full size and it's worth $6.99.


Finally, this was the most interesting product in this month's bag (mostly because this is a brand I hadn't heard of before)...
This is the Skinn Olive and Enzyme Cleanser! It's supposed to "dissolve dirt, remove makeup, remove dead skin cells, soften, smooth, and moisturize" skin. On the Skinn website, this name of this product is a little different and the packaging looks a little different, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. This is a water-free cleansing balm, and you can even use it as a face mask. They recommend using it at night since it is really rich and moisturizing, so this will be nice to use before my Murad Acne Cleanser to help get my makeup off. The full size of this product is 4oz for $24, so this 2oz sample is worth $12!

Overall I got five products in my June 2014 Ipsy bag; three are full size and two are deluxe sample sized. The total value of this bag is $42.17, which is more than three times what I paid! Awesome!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment