Sunday, May 18, 2014

Haul Time! - Sephora, Sally's, Urban Outfitters, Head2Toe Beauty, and More!

Hello! I'm still posting and I have another haul for you guys! This is another one I've been collecting for a while so it's going to be a doozey! It'll be really nice to get this up, though, since I'll be able to put all this stuff away and then my desk area won't be so congested.

I have a very eclectic mix of stuff to show you guys; I have nail polish, fashion, makeup and more! I even bought stuff from two new places! Since I love starting with a box shot, I'll start with my Sephora order!
I love getting things in the mail!
As far as Sephora orders go, this one is pretty small. I love being a VIB Rouge since I get free shipping on any order! Honestly, if that was the only perk I got, I would still try to be a VIB Rouge. Free shipping means a lot to me.
Again, Sephora included a fragrance sample postcard set. Yay.
And these are the three samples I selected! I got a sample of the Make Up For Ever HD Pressed Powder, a Red Clay mask from FAB, and a sample of Dior's new lipstick-but-not-lipstick lipstick.
You get to try four different colors and they were even kind enough to include a little applicator!
For my free gift, I got a deluxe sample of Caudalie's Polyphenol Anti-Wrinkle Defense Serum. I got this because it was a VIB Rouge gift (actually, now that I think about, I can't remember if this was Rouge only) and it seemed like the best value. I've used it a few times and haven't noticed much of a difference, but there seems to be a big split in the reviews; some people love it, some people hate it because it caused them to break out. Severely. Knowing my skin, this will probably cause me to break out, but it was free so no bigs.
And this is what I ordered! This is the Lash Stash To Go kit! For $25, you get five deluxe mascara samples and then you get a certificate you can exchange for the full size of your favorite. Depending on which mascara you go for, you can actually get one for cheaper than retail!
In this kit you get bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing mascara, blinc mascara, Lancome Hypnose Drama Instant Full Body Volume mascara, Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara, and tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara. I'm most excited to try the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara since I've heard a lot about it, but I'm also excited to try the blinc mascara. My favorite mascara ever, Too Laced Lash Injection, is my favorite because it's a "tubing" mascara; instead of just coating your lashes, it actually forms tubes around your lashes. It doesn't smear or smudge and it's really easy (and fun!) to take off. The blinc mascara is another tubing mascara, and since I've never tried another besides the Too Faced Lash Injection, I'm curious to see if it will be as good, if not better!
One thing I thought was weird was that it almost seems like the box is a little too small for the mascaras, especially the bareMinerals one! I haven't tried any of these yet since I have a bunch of mascaras already open, but I think my certificate expires in a month or two so I have to decided which I want the full size of before then.

Hmm, next I'll talk about...
Some nice handmade things I got! The week before Mother's Day, we went over to my brother-in-law's house to celebrate (they wanted to watch the Blackhawks v the Wild game and my brother-in-law has every sports channel ever). My mother-in-law loves shopping at little independently owned stores and there was one really close to my brother-in-law's called Three Sisters! There was a lot of cool stuff in there, and everything is handmade my local artists!

I got some handmade hair accessories; I love these type of hair ties since they're a lot more gentle on my hair and the wool felt flowers were too cute to not get! They were only $6 for the two, so I thought they were a good deal.

I also got some natural body care items! Everything I got was from a seller named Mer.be.

This is a solid body butter in a subtle cappuccino scent. You use this the exact same way as you would a LUSH solid body butter; you hold it in your hands and let your body heat melt a little and then you just rub it in.
Also it has a super creepy smiley face. He looks a little creepier than he did before since I've used it a few times now. It makes my hands feel nice and soft, and the scent is perfect! It's not too strong, like some coffee scents can be, and it's sweet and milky.
 Oh man I love natural, handmade lip balm! I grabbed two flavors/scents: mango papaya and pomegranate. There was a vanilla honey flavor/scent that I really wanted to try, but it was sadly all sold out.
And then my mother-in-law surprised us and bought us each a soy candle! I went with the Linden Blossom scent; it is floral, but it has a sweeter, fruity note to it as well so it will be nice and cheery to burn in the summer.

Not sure what to do next; I don't know if I want to try and keep things grouped in a sensible way or if I just want to bounce around. I suppose next I'll do what I got at Sally Beauty Supply. I ended up getting three nail polishes, and I only paid $8!
This is an ASP Soak Off Gel Polish in the color Golden Opportunity.
This is a better shot of the color; it's a lovely peachy gold sparkle. This is the only gel polish I own; I don't have anything else to use gel polish with, including a curing lamp. But I got this polish for free! There is a coupon for a free ASP Soak Off Gel Polish in the color of your choice in the May/June 2014 Nail It! magazine! I buy my magazines at the newsstand, so if you want a free gel polish, go and get one! It's $7 (or $8, I can't remember) for the magazine and the nail polish is $11 so you'll get your money back. Plus, it's a great magazine with a lot of nail inspiration!

I wasn't going to buy anything at Sally's but then I saw the OPI Brazil collection was on sale for buy one get one free. I really liked the color Next Stop...The Bikini Zone but at first it looked like they were all sold out. I browsed a little and discovered a bottle hiding in the Muppets OPI display (it looks really similar to Kermit Me To Speak) and knew I was fated to buy it.
Ah, it's so pretty! I had a hard time deciding what other color to get, and I finally settled on Live. Love. Carnaval,
In the store this looked the best, but after looking at some swatches online, I kind of wish I went for Toucan Do It (I think that's what the coral color was called) or Kiss Me I'm Brazilian. It was free, so not the biggest deal. I'm just happy I got Next Stop...The Bikini Zone.
Here they are swatched! Gorgeous!

Let's stick with nail polish and look at what I got from Head2Toe Beauty next! Head2Toe Beauty is an online beauty discount store; it looks kind of sketchy, but I saw some hauls on Youtube so I wasn't too worried. I got my order in a timely manner and I got everything I order so I'm pretty confidant about it now. It's a great place to get limited edition nail polish colors from older collections and for getting polish for super cheap! I saw a color in one of the haul videos that I needed based on the name alone and I was finding it pretty impossible to find it in a store near me. Eventually I caved and ended up buying that polish, two OPIs on clearance, and three polishes from Ruby Wing.
Head2Toe Beauty will only ship orders to your billing address or a shipping address that is verified with your credit card company. I decided to just have my package sent to my billing address (my parents' house) and get my polishes next time I visited them (which was Mother's Day. Yay!). Shipping was about $9 and my polishes were shipped well packaged with Priority Mail, so it only took two days! The boxes must have just been what they had laying around, since I only got one China Glaze.
And it's this one! This is the polish I needed based on the name alone. This is from the Electro-Pop collection and it's called Gothic Lolita. How awesome is that? I'm not a big fan of China Glaze, but I loved the name of this color and it was only $3.75ish on Head2Toe Beauty!
This is Blushed Of Adrenaline, one of the OPIs I got on sale. This was a little under $4 and it's definitely an older polish; it had a neck wrap touting it's new pro-wide brush.
And this is the other OPI I got on sale, And This Little Piggy. It's a hot pink glittery top coat and again it was a little under $4. It also had the same neck wrap as the other OPI.
Here they are swatched! Left to right is three coats of And This Little Piggy, and I think two coats of Blush Of Adrenaline and Gothic Lolita. I actually really like the shimmery, almost neon purple of Gothic Lolita, so I'm very happy I was able to get my hands on it.

I've been wanting to try Ruby Wing's polish for a while now, but I was reluctant to order any from their website since I hate paying for shipping and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend enough to earn free shipping. Problem solved! Head2Toe Beauty has pretty much all of the Ruby Wing polishes, and what's even better is that they have them for $2 less! I got three this time:
This is Doux. What's cool about Ruby Wing polishes is that they change color in the sun!
This polish goes from a sheer milky color with fuchsia glitter to a gorgeous purple. It's also scented! When it dries it smells like Sweetarts. At first I was disappointed by how sheer this polish was (even after three coats, you couldn't really tell I had anything on unless you saw the glitter flash), but it's actually really cool since it changes so dramatically in the sun. It goes really fast, too, especially if you're in direct sunlight.
This is Gypsy! It's a pretty greenish blue; I find myself attracted to this color anyways, but it's even better that it's changes color in the sun!
This one turns into a grass green!
Finally, this is Moonstone. Moonstone is a very pretty blue that changes to purple in the sun. This was the only polish I was kind of disappointed in from this order.



Around the neck of the bottle, there's these weird patterns of chipping and cracking. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks kind of creepy. The polish itself is also a little thick and hard to work with; I needed three coats to get it opaque, but it was so gloopy it took forever to dry and it didn't look even.
Still, it's a very pretty color, though I wonder if I got a bad bottle.
Left to right, with three coats each, is Doux, Gypsy, and Moonstone. As you can see, they're all very pretty and they kind of count as two colors each since they'll change in the sun. I definitely will purchase from Head2Toe Beauty again and I will be getting more Ruby Wing polishes!

I think I'll talk about what I got at Urban Outfitters next, since that has nail polish in it, too! I love shopping at Urban Outfitters, especially their sale sections. You can get really lucky and find some cool stuff on super sale (half off of half off, yes please!), like I did!
This was the only item I paid full price for. This is Panda's Dream Dark Eye Corrector by TonyMoly, which is a Korean cosmetics brand. I really like Asian cosmetics, and I think it's cool that Urban Outfitters carries some (even if they jack up the price). I got this kind of on a whim since it was full priced, but I do have issues with under-eye circles (it's hereditary. And annoying.) so I'm willing to give it a try. Also, it's cute!

I also picked up two bottles of nail polish. It wasn't technically on sale, but they were buy two for $8 and since they were already $6 each, I thought it was a good deal.
I love the bags from Urban Outfitters; not sure how they can afford to make these cloth bags, but I'm glad they can! This was a little bag inside my bigger bag to keep my polishes safe. I think it's cute and I'll definitely reuse it.
These polishes were really bought on a whim; I was looking at this color (it's called Blue Raspberry) and my husband walked over and commented on how cool he thought it was. I figured I'd buy it since he doesn't normally take an interest in nail polish (he'll comment on my nails if I ask him, he just doesn't actively seek it out) and for only $2 I could get another one so I got...
this pink seashell top coat! It's one of their newer ones and it reminded me of the blue splatter top coat I have from Sephora.
Here they are swatched; left is three layers of Blue Raspberry and right is two layers of the pink seashell (it's just called "pink" I guess). I think I'll need to layer the Blue Raspberry color over another polish, but that's okay since I have a ton of cream blues in the same color family.
I also go this random animal print bandeau bra! It was like $3 and I thought it would be cute under a muscle shirt or something. Also it was $3.

And then I got a ton of books! Books seem to be the thing I get the most of at Urban Outfitters, specifically when they are on super sale.
This is Slimed: An Oral History of Nickelodeon's Golden Age. It's a collection of interviews from a bunch of people who contributed in various ways (actors, writers, creators, etc) to basically my childhood. I am a 90's kid and I was obsessed with Nickelodeon. My husband and I both really wanted to read this, but we didn't want to spend $20 (it's not the best book; it's really just interviews). For $5 however, I am all about that.
This is the Wah Nails Book of Downtorn Girls. It's a street-snap kind of book full nail inspiration! Again, half off of half off is the greatest thing ever.
This is another nail inspiration/design book! There are a lot of really interesting and cute designs as well as a ton of good nail care info. Great book, especially for $5.

Finally, I got this:
Yup. Awesome.

I'll do some clothes next, since that makes sense, right? I got some t-shirts on sale for $5 at Ragstock. I'm a sucker for sales.
I don't know why, but I thought this was the coolest shirt ever. It's also super comfy and it shows off my shoulders.
My husband found this one for me. I loved Strawberry Shortcake as a kid and I thought this was pretty funny.
I asked my husband if I should get this shirt or a Ghostbusters one, and he chose this one. He really likes Hawkeye (the Marvel archer) and he thought this was a great, subtle shirt. I agree!

Finally, here are a bunch of random things that I had no idea where else to put. Also I got them all at Target.
They had a bunch of Hello Kitty headbands in the dollar section! ...unfortunately they are made for little kids so they don't fit my giant, weirdly shaped adult head. I sent these to my husband's cousins (they're 5 and into Hello Kitty) and I hope they can use them!

And I got more My Little Pony blind bags! These are from the Rainbow series (the one before the rainbow sparkly one) and I've been trying to get a Princess Cadance. Also a Rarity. I ended up with Honey Rays, who's Cutie Mark doesn't make any sense (those are lightning bolts. What?) and Sea Swirl, who also has a confusing Cutie Mark. Dolphins? Are there even dolphins the the My Little Pony world? What? I have so many of these now, but I can't stop buying them!

I actually realized I had one more thing to show you guys that wasn't from Target. It's from Ikea!
I really want to make this poster the background for when I film videos. It's amusing if you don't know where the quote is from, and pretty neat if you do (It's a Sophia Loren quote from when someone asked her where her curves came from)! It's originally $12, but Ikea was clearing out it's stock of it and had it on sale for $5! Not sure if they're still available, but if you live near an Ikea and want one, I'd say go check.

WHEW! That's everything! I can finally clear a bunch of stuff from my desk! If you stuck around for the whole thing, thank you!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment