Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fortune Cookie Soap Summer 2014 Soap Box - First Sniffs!

Hello! I feel so accomplished today; I'm getting a lot of organizing done and I'm hoping to do more before the night is over. Admittedly, I'm avoiding cleaning the bathroom, but at least I'm avoiding it by cleaning other things! I'm also trying to get my nail polish collection under control; I have so much nail polish that I can't remember what colors I have so I want to make a big swatch ring that's labeled so I can use that to figure out what color I want to paint my nails. You'd think it'd be easier to pick a color when you have a lot to choose from, but it actually makes it harder...

For this post, I want to show you guys the Summer 2014 Fortune Cookie Soap Soap Box! I was super excited for this box since it's candy themed! Everything is super sweet and fruity and delicious smelling; it's starting to finally feel like summer around here.
Colorful and thrilling!
Quick rundown on the Fortune Cookie Soap Soap Box: it's a quarterly subscription box that costs $20 every three months, shipping included. You get a bunch of full size/sample size products in the new scents Fortune Cookie Soap is going to come out with for that season (you get one with each season). Sometimes you also get samples of brand new products! You also get a special, personal, one-time-use code that's worth $10 off your next Fortune Cookie Soap order. So basically, you're paying $10 for the box and then giving $10 to Fortune Cookie Soap with the promise you'll use it to buy something from their store. 
The card this season is very fancy; it opens up!
You probably can't read this without clicking on it and making it bigger, but it lists all the products with scent their scent descriptions. I got eight in this box, with one of them being brand new to Fortune Cookie Soap. I'm going to talk about the products in the order they are on this card because that makes sense to me.

Which means I'm starting with Fortune Cookie Soap's namesake, the Fortune Cookie soap! There's one of these in every season's box since it's Fortune Cookie Soaps "thing". This time it's in the scent "Lick Your Lips", which smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream! Normally, I don't like mint scents, but I really like the creaminess of this mint and it mixes beautifully with the chocolate. This is the first Fortune Cookie soap I've really liked and will keep (I gave the others to my mom).
Next up is the Lollipop Your Cherry OCD hand sanitizer. I have a couple of the hand sanitizers at work (I'm a huge germaphobe and I work in a semi-medical office) and I love that they smell so unique; every time I use my Daily Bread OCD from the Hunger Games collection, my boss thinks I smell like cupcakes. This OCD hand sanitizer smells like cherries swirled with vanilla, with a hint of orange and pineapple. I love cherry scents and it smells so fresh and juicy.
This is a solid sugar scrub sample in Rock Your Socks Off. It smells like grape candy; specifically, grape PEZ. Grape is another flavor I'm not too keen on, but I actually really like how this smells! I think I find the smell of grape PEZ to be nostalgic and it makes me happy. Apparently this is also a new product, but I thought that Fortune Cookie Soap already had a solid sugar scrub...unless I'm confusing it with LUSH, which is entirely possible.
My favorite product to get from Fortune Cookie Soap, and the one I always recommend people get, is their Whipped Cream body butters. They're so creamy and moisturizing, but they absorb super quick and they leave me feeling soft and hydrated and smelling delicious! This is a sample of Whipped Cream body butter in Captain's Berried Booty! Fortune Cookie Soap has a scent called In The Loop which smells exactly (exactly, it's kind of creepy) like Froot Loops and this one smells exactly (seriously, exactly, I have no idea how they do it) like Cap'n Crunch Berries! They describe it as "a crunchy, fruity, berry scent with powdery vanilla, raspberry, and tonka bean notes", but it's seriously Cap'n Crunch Berries and it is amazing.
This is the only product in this box that would call a disappointment. Fortune Cookie Soap started making wax tarts one or two boxes ago and while I know wax tarts and wax melting is really popular now, I don't have a wax melting contraption so I can't really use this. I was also kind of disappointed in the scent, Sweet Dreamsicle. Fortune Cookie Soap describes it as "ripe pineapple livened with a splash of bright orange citrus and luscious vanilla cream", but to me I mostly just get a sharp citrus smell. I like Dreamsicles, but I like the fact that they're more vanilla cream flavored than orange and I feel like this scent is kind of the opposite. I'm not a huge fan of super citrusy smells, so this one isn't for me.
This is another new product! This is a microdermabrasion facial scrub in Lemon Drop It Like It's Hot, a "light fragrance with lemon peel essence and orange zest. I know I said, just above, that I don't like citrus scents, but this one is very soft and subtle, almost like a lemon chiffon kind of smell, which is very pleasant. I love facial scrubs so I'm very excited to give this a try!
This is a sample bottle of Sparkle Me! in The Sweet Spot! This spray smells like "fresh picked melon, strawberries, and peaches twisted with sour mandarin oranges and pineapple, all sprinkled with a touch of sugar". Yum! It smells like fruit punch and it's amazing. I'm not normally into sparkle sprays; they feel a little pre-teen girl to me, but it's summer and that's as good excuse as any to shine a little. Definitely going to be fun to wear at the beach!
The final product in the Summer 2014 box is the Blow Me lip scrub. This is really similar to the LUSH Bubblegum lip scrub; in fact, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same thing. It smells like sugary sweet bubblegum and this is one of the lip scrubs that you can lick off since it's just sugar and oil. I love these kinds of scrubs and it smells delicious, so yay!

And that's the Summer 2014 Fortune Cookie Soap Soap Box! Another great box with a ton of great scents and products! If you like bath and body stuff, especially quirky and unique things, give Fortune Cookie Soap a look-see! It also sounds like they are taking care of their logistics issue; if you read/seen my most recent order from Fortune Cookie Soap, you'll know I had a bit of an issue with shipping. For this Soap Box, Fortune Cookie Soap used an outside shipping service to streamline the process, which is awesome!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment