Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring 2014 Zoya Nail Polish Haul!

Hello! Hope you're all having a "Hoppy" Easter (haha, sorry, I couldn't resist)! It's a gorgeous day outside and perfect for celebrating fertility, reproduction, and the renewal of life (and eating delicious marshmallow bunnies and chocolate eggs. Cabury Mini Chocolate Eggs are the greatest chocolate candies ever made. Ever). Unfortunately, my husband has to work today, so I'm stuck home with not much to do. Except make blog posts and videos! Yay!

This post is going to be all about my very first Zoya polish order! I really, really wanted to try their new Magical Pixie Dust polishes, but I didn't want to wait for my Ulta to get them in stock. My Ulta is nice and all, but it's really, really bad at getting Zoya polishes in stock. I just went there on Friday and they still don't have the spring collection in! I ended up ordering a little more polish than I expected because I hate paying for shipping, but since Zoya is probably my favorite brand of polish. Ever. I'm very pleased with what I got!
Let's see what I got!
I'll start with the Magical Pixie Dusts since that was the whole reason why I placed this order.
I went with the "sampler set" and got all three polishes. I'm not sure why they call this a "sampler set", other than the fact that you can "sample" all three colors in the new finish; it cost the same as buying them separately (the set's $30, the polishes are $10 each) and they're full sized. I guess you get them in a cool clear box, so that's kind of neat.
This is Cosmo, a "silver crystal sparkle, textured Pixie Dust with mega hex iridescent particles". And it is SPARKLY. The difference between these Magical Pixie Dusts and normal Pixie Dusts are the iridescent particles; they have the same kind of matte, glittery texture, just 1000x more sparkly.
This is Vega, a "blue opal sparkle, textured Pixie Dust with mega hex iridescent particles". This is probably my favorite of the three, but only because I think I look good in blue nail polish (it's like my red, if that makes sense).
And this is Lux, a "rose quartz sparkle textured Pixie Dust with mega hex iridescent particles". This is my second favorite out of the trio (which doesn't mean much since I love all three!), though I was a little disappointed to find that it is really similar to my Fine Like Einstein Formula X polish! I guess I'm just drawn to pink iridescent polish. Lux is definitely more textured and it has bigger glitter particles, but the color and effect are almost exactly the same. I kind of wish I had gotten the purple Freaky Like Freud (or something like that) Formula X instead of Fine Like Einstein, but that's okay since they aren't exact dupes of each other, just really, really close.
Here are the swatches; from left to right are Cosmo, Vega, and Lux. You can really see just how sparkly and packed with glitter and texture these polishes are! I love the new Magical Pixie Dust formula.


In order to get free shipping, you had to spend $50 or more, so I picked up a few more polishes. I ended up getting four more, which is more than I needed, but I was torn between two polishes; I got them both because "You Only Live Once" (ugh, forgive me for using that as an excuse for anything).
They came packaged safe and sound in this little box. I think this is how Zoya ships polishes to salons since they had covered up a sticker on top that said this box was full of the color "Sailor". I like that Zoya reuses some packing materials; it shows that they really are a green-minded company. Oh, also, my whole box was filled with packing peanuts to keep everything well padded during shipping, but they were the biodegradable kind (they smooshed without bouncing back and they dissolved in water).
I got another polish from the spring 2014 collection; this is Monet, a "multi-colored, cellophane holographic special effect topper". I don't have anything like this in my collection (which is getting harder and harder to find since I have so many polishes now...) and I thought it was gorgeous!
I got a regular Pixie Dust in Vespa, a "Mint Kiss with a sugared sparkle". I already have a few Pixie Dusts and, out of all the textured polishes I've tried (OPI's Liquid Sand, Julep's Sea Salt and Stardust, and Nicole by OPI's Roughles") these are my favorite (the Julep Stardust being a close second). This reminds me more a sage green than a true mint, but it's a very pretty color regardless.
Next, I got Mosheen, an "astro ice blue topper". This is from the winter 2013 collection. I really wanted it because I thought it looked interesting, but my Ulta sold out of it right away and then never got anymore in stock. It's a blue-based polish with a ton of glitter and blue bar glitter. It looks really cool layered over other polishes.
Finally, I got Happi, a "pink metallic duochrome; a frosty hint of gold creates a unique peachy-pink".  My camera didn't pick up the gold shimmer very well, but in real life it's really interesting and pretty! I thought this polish looked so, well, happy!
From left to right I have swatched Happi, Vespa, Mosheen (by itself), and Monet (by itself).

With certain price "tiers" of orders, Zoya will give you special gifts! I really love when companies does this, even though it makes me buy more than normal...(I mean, that's why they do it in the first place!). With a $30 or more order, you got a small bottle of Zoya's Remove+ for free!
Next to the Sephora by OPI nail polish remover that I can never get again (I'm seriously still upset about this), this is my favorite nail polish remover. It takes off polish quickly and cleanly, it doesn't smell weird, and it leaves my nails feeling pretty normal (some other removers leave them feeling rubbery or filmy, which is gross).

With a $50 or more order, you got another free gift (who doesn't love free things?)! This one was more a secret and on my order confirmation it was called a "gift sampler". Since I had never ordered from Zoya before, I had no clue what it was!
What secrets does this little black box contain? I thought maybe it would be like the sets you can get at Ulta with the mini sizes of base/top coats, quick dry drops, things like that. Nope! I got three full sized polishes. For free! Granted, they're colors I would not have bought for myself, but they were free and I'm just happy Zoya was kind enough to give them to me!
This is Codie, a "blackened espresso brown creme with subtle olive undertones". Since this is a color I never would have bought myself, I have nothing like it in my collection! It will be interesting to give it a try, especially for the fall/winter.
This is Ray, a "dark blackened pine green with smooth, delicate silver and green frost shimmer". Again, this is a color I don't have in my collection and that will be great for the fall/winter. Also, you can see my camera in the bottle. Awkward.
Finally, this is Red Door Red. This is a special polish; you can't find it on the Zoya website. It was specially made to be sold/used in the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spas. I don't think the Red Door Spas use Zoya polish anymore since they only list Essie on their site (which, surprisingly, I've never tried before...). It's a bright, almost cherry kind of red and, even though I don't think I look good in reds, it's neat to have since it is kind of a special polish!
Here they are swatched. Left to right are Ray, Codie, and Red Door Red.

I also got a couple more little goodies with my order! I think these are included with every order, but they're still neat.
I got the most recent version of the color list; there are over 300 colors to chose from. Crazy! Actually, I think OPI has the same, if not more, but seriously. How many different shades of red can you make? Apparently a lot.
I also got this neat little booklet advertising the new spring 2014 collection! I love spring colors and I think all the colors in this collection are gorgeous! I definitely want to get a few, but I need to be careful that I don't get any dupes. I'm actually thinking of going through my polish collection and trimming to down. It's getting to the point where I don't even know what to wear anymore...
In the little booklet, I got this neat plastic color sampler...thing (I don't know what the official word for this is)! This is exactly like the ones they have at Ulta to help you test out new polish colors without having to actually paint them on. Unfortunately, these always end up super grungy at my Ulta since people like to make their own swatches on them, so it's really nice to have my own personal one! I'm not sure which colors I'm going to get, but I'm surprisingly leaning towards Brooklyn; suddenly I find myself desiring, and lacking, a buttery, shimmery yellow color.

And that's my Zoya order! Overall I am sooooo pleased and will definitely be ordering again from them very soon! I love Zoya nail polish; the formula is great, the color selection is phenomenal, it's five-free, and it's super affordable ($9 for normal colors, $10 for Pixie Dusts)! If you haven't given them a try, I suggest you do!

Thanks for reading! <3
Mint Kiss with a sugared sparkl
multi-colored, cellophane holographic special effect topper - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Monet-ZP726.html#sthash.IMozMSjq.dpu
silver crystal sparkle, textured
silver crystal sparkle, textured
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dpuf
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dpuf
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dpuf
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dpuf
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dpuf
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dpuf
silver crystal sparkle, textured PixieDust with mega hex iridescent particles - See more at: http://www.zoya.com/content/item/Zoya/Zoya-Nail-Polish-in-Cosmo-ZP717.html#sthash.LfAUBh7Q.dp

No comments:

Post a Comment