Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 2014 Blush.com Mystery Beauty Box - Unboxing and Review!

Hello! I'm in a cleaning and organizing mood today, which is why I'm making so many blog posts! I want to get all the stuff sitting around my desk put away, and I feel like I can't do that until I post about it (otherwise, I'll forget about it and then I'll have to go find it and recollect everything and it's just easier this way). I also feel like I can't really start to integrate products into my daily routine until I blog about them and put them away, so there's that motivation as well.

This post is going to be for my April 2014 Blush.com Mystery Beauty Box! I don't really hear a lot about this box so I don't know if it's just not as well known or if a lot of people don't like it or what, but it's my favorite mid-range subscription service (Ipsy is my favorite $10-$15 range subscription). For $24.95 a month (I have to pay tax on it ever since Target bought Blush.com, so mine's more around $27), shipping included, you get a box with a bag filled with over $100 worth of beauty products. What makes this box so great, besides the promised $100+ value, is that it's backed by the trio of Blush.com, Hairenvy.com, and Dermstore.com, so there are a ton of different brands and products you could get. This box focuses less on color cosmetics and more on skincare and hair care, so if that's your thing, I highly suggest you look into signing up for this subscription service!
It's a bag! In a box! Filled with surprises!
With every order you make from Blush.com, you get at least two free samples. Since the mystery box counts as an order, you get the two samples! Every now and then I'll end up with three samples for some reason (I don't know if it's something like a "spend $25 get a mystery gift" or what, but it seems to happen randomly), like I did this month.
For my two foil packets, I got a Whish Hair Inhibiting Swipe in Pomegranate and a sample of Kevyn Aucoin (oh my god I just realized how to say this; in my video I didn't know how to pronounce it and now I feel stupid) The Liquid Airbrush Foundation. The back of the packet is all in Korean and it doesn't feel like there's anything in it, so I'm intrigued by it. For my third sample, I got another deluxe sample of Elizabeth Arden's Untold perfume. I feel kind of iffy about this sample since this same exact product was included as part of a past subscription box and I find it kind of odd that now I'm getting it as a free sample... I'm not a big fan of this scent so I'm going to pass this on to my mom or a co-worker.

On to the box! Every month, Blush.com features a product and they make a short video previewing it. This month's featured item is...(not really a surprise since you can just go to the site and watch the video, but I like suspense)
the La Bella Donna Love Lips Collection Duo Lip Crayon.
This is a dual-ended lip pencil with a lipstick on one side and a coordinating lip liner on the other! You could have gotten one of two colors, Luscious or Admire. I ended up with Admire, which is a very pretty raspberry color.
The lipstick is super creamy and goes on smoothly, while the liner in a little stiffer (as it should be). This lipstick has vitamin C & E for hydration! This is a full sized product and it's worth $28.50.

Besides the featured product, there were four other items in this months box.
I've gotten used to getting at least six products in this subscription box, so getting five was kind of weird. Four of the five products are full-sized, so I think that makes up for it! Going in order of the info card, the first non-featured item I got was...
Darphin Stimulskin Plus Divine Multi-Corrective Cream! This was the only non-full sized item in the box, but the full size of this is crazy expensive. This product is for normal to dry skin and it has peptides, sea emerald, and samphire extracts to hydrate, firm, and protect. This cream promises a lot, and since a full 1.7oz size costs $295 (!!!!), I certainly hope it delivers! This 0.17oz sample is worth $29.50, which is just ridiculous.

We got two full sized hair care products this month, the first being...
a Jonathan Product Infinite Volume Shampoo. This is a sulfate-free, 100% vegan shampoo that has coconut oil and "expansion technology". I'm not very happy with my current shampoo (I think it makes my hair feel dry), so I'm happy to get a new one to try! I really like the scent of this shampoo; it's supposed to smell like raspberry, guava, and lotus. It's fruity, but still fresh. Very pleasant. This full size 8.4fl oz bottle is worth $18.

The other hair care product is...
Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray. I've heard of Oscar Blandi before, but I've never tried anything from the line, so I'm intrigued. This is a clear dry shampoo so you can use it regardless of your hair color and it has vitamin E and wheat protein. This was the most disappointing product in this month's box since I don't really use dry shampoos; my hair is naturally dry and I actually think the next day oils make my hair look better. I will still give this a try and see what I think about it, but I don't have very high expectations (which doesn't mean this product isn't good, it's just not for me). This is a full size 5 oz bottle and is worth $25.

Finally, we got a nail polish! Because I need more nail polish...
This is Cult Cosmetics Nail Polish in the color Laguna. You could have gotten  one of three colors, but it didn't list what the others were so I'm not sure. I am happy I got Laguna; it's a very pretty tropical coral color, and I've been super in corals (though I am getting a little "coral-ed out").
This is a 5-free polish, which is neat, and since I've never tried a Cult Cosmetics nail polish before, I'm more than happy to get it! This is a full size bottle and is worth $12.

And that's my box for April 2014! I got five products, four of which were full size and one deluxe size of a very, very expensive face cream. The total value of the products in my box is about $113, which is awesome! Once again, I love this subscription box! I always feel like I get my money's worth and I get a bunch of new brands and products to try!

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment