Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Haul Time! - Estee Lauder, MAC, Victoria's Secret, H&M, and Julep!

Hello! Shocked at how many posts I'm getting up in a single day? Me too! I'm really happy I am blazing through these, though. It was getting a little chaotic around my desk...

As the of this post suggests, this is a haul post! I went shopping with my mom and sister at our big mall and I found some great deals! I also bought some things that I've been really wanting to try, so overall it was a good haul!

I don't really have an interesting picture to tempt you to click more, so I suppose I can just plead with you to please click below to see all the fun things I got!
I'll start with the one item I didn't get at the big mall, my free polish from Julep!
Julep recently (not that recently since this is the second time I've earned it...) introduced a special reward for getting a Maven box three months in a row: a free polish of your choice! It can be any polish, as long as it's $11.20 or under (Maven price, so $14 or under retail), which is awesome since you can get polishes you've been lusting after but haven't wanted to pay full price for. This is also the second (maybe third, I can't remember) time I've gotten a single polish in a huge box, so I don't know if Julep even uses the little single polish boxes anymore, which kind of sucks since those small boxes fit in my mailbox (if my postperson can't fit the package in your mailbox, he'll bring it to the leasing office. It's nice because I don't have to worry about people taking my package from my door, but it's really irritating since our leasing office has short hours and sometimes the postperson doesn't even bring them to the office. I've had him forget to give me my packages before so the tracking will say they've been delivered but I have no clue where they are. But that's a rant for another day.

I got Yumi!
This is a color I've been wanting for a long time now; I always hope I'll find it in a mystery box since it is an older polish, but so far I've had no luck. This is such a gorgeous polish; it's described as a "pink, silver and holographic glitter" and we all know how much I love glitter.
Yay! This isn't the best shot, but I wanted to try and capture how glittery it is. This will make a great top coat on a pink or a purple polish (I plan on putting over a nude!).

Now for the things I got at the mall! My mom and sister (and her boyfriend) came down to go shopping at the big mall and they asked me if I wanted to come along. There were some things I wanted to pick up that I wasn't sure I could get at my closer mall (and I wanted to spend time with my family), so I said yes!

For Christmas, my brother-in-law gave me and my husband a gift card to Macy's, which we agreed to split 50/50. Since I've been interested in trying some more MAC products, I thought I'd pick some up from the MAC counter in Macy's. I also wanted to try Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup. I've heard a lot of good things about it and I was particularly interested in its claim to be smudge-free and that it won't rub off on your clothes (which irritates me to no end since it can be hard to remove makeup stains from clothes. When I worked in bridal it was the worst thing ever). For some reason, the Macy's in our big mall didn't have a MAC counter (the Macy's in my mall does, though the Macy's in the mall where my mom lives doesn't so I guess it's not a universal thing) which was disappointing, but they did have Estee Lauder! After getting an employee's attention (which was surprisingly hard; I don't know what it is but I never seem to have a good experience at Macy's in the makeup department except at the MAC counter) I was color matched and I picked up my very own bottle of Double Wear!
One that surprised me was that it wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. It was about $38 after tax, which is very comparable to other foundations I've purchased from Sephora. I always assumed Estee Lauder was a pricer brand, but it seems like it's more "middle-end", if that makes sense. I am the color 2N1 Desert Beige! It took the person who colored matched me a long time to find a bottle in my color, so I'm not sure if this is the older one or not. I went on the Estee Lauder website after I bought this to look at reviews (I know...why look at reviews after you buy something?) and there were a ton of one star reviews of people complaining that Estee Lauder changed the formal and colors and that the makeup they all knew and loved was different and wrong now. I've used this a few times now and, right now, I love this stuff! It matches me really well, it covers my blemishes and flaws, and it really doesn't smudge! It also doesn't feel cakey or heavy, I don't think it settles in my pores, and I don't even need to set it with a powder. Love!
I also got this little sample of the Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Creme as a gift with purchase! I don't think I was going to get this originally, but my mom asked if there were any samples I could get with my purchase and this is what the associate gave me! I haven't tried this yet, but I'm always open to skincare samples!

I was pretty sad that there wasn't a MAC counter at Macy's since there was a lipstick I really, really wanted to buy with my gift card, but I decided to just go to the actual MAC store and buy it with my own money (that's how bad I wanted it...). I only have one other MAC lipstick (in Snob) and I really like the formula, but the color is a little hard for me to wear so I wanted to get another one I could wear all the time. I watched a lot of Youtube videos of people swatching their MAC lipsticks and I had it narrowed down to a few and would then make my final decision on seeing the colors in person. The winner was...
Ravishing! I went with this color since it was very different from a lot of the other lip colors I currently have and it looked so pretty in all the swatch videos I watched. And it is pretty!
Not the best swatch, but you can see how it's kind of a coraly, peachy, reddy, orangey color (yay descriptive!). I think my issue with lipcolor is that I've been focusing a lot on cooler-toned colors when I think I actually look much better in warm tones (don't quote me on this, I don't actually know what color or tone I am anymore). BUT. I love this color and this lipstick and it was totally worth the $15 of my own money I spent.

As you probably know, Victoria's Secret is on the tail-end of their winter semi-annual sale, which means everything is extra cheap! All bras go down to $15.99 and all apparel is an extra 50% (also the panties I think go down to $2.99 and most of the beauty products are 75% off) which is awesome, especially considering how expensive things are at full price there. I decided to check out PINK since I wanted some new yoga pants (I've been living in my yoga tights this winter, so I want more). I ended up getting a cute bra (which I don't have a picture of but it's a Dream Angel push-up in coral and it's in my size which is super exciting because it's hard to find cute push-up bras in 32DDD), a sweater, and some yoga shorts for about $35. Yes.
This sweater was originally about $60 and I got it for $12ish! I love leopard print and mint/sax blue so I was really excited to get this. There's also a pink one I thought about getting, but I didn't want to spend too much so I went with the color I wanted the most.
And these are the shorts I got! These were like $8, which is ridiculous. I got these because I wanted to motivate myself to get back to exercising regularly (I got off track in November/December and never got back on). Also, they're super comfy which is a plus.

Finally, we hit up the H&M. I love H&M since it's a great place to get work clothes for super cheap. I never buy anything full price, I always wait for the "half off of half off" sales since you can get some really nice stuff for $7-$15. Not only did H&M have the "half off of half off" sale going on, they stacked a "buy one get one free" deal on top. Crazy!  I was able to buy six different items for less than $20. I want to apologize in advance for these terrible photos; I forgot to take them until the sun had gone down and my camera had a hard time dealing with the lighting and lack there off, especially with the darker colored clothing.
I got a pair of pink leopard print slip-ons because pink leopard print is awesome...
a magenta zip-up hoodie...
a heavy black cardigan with ribbon details (...I am so sorry for this terrible photo. It's a very nice cardigan in real life, I promise)...
a big, slouchy black knit sweater with bling details (again, I don't know why my camera struggled so much with black and the flash)...
a long, navy dress with sheer sleeves (this is for formal emergencies when I have no idea what to wear. Also a ghost apparently wanted to join me since that spot isn't on the actual dress)...
and this cute dusty blue t-shirt!

All that for $20! $20! I can't believe it. I wish I would have had time to browse some more but by this time my mom and sister were getting tired (I was too but I was being fueled by SAVINGS) so we had to leave.

And that's my haul for our big mall (plus my random Julep polish)! I got a lot of exciting deals and, even though I spent more than I wanted to, I got a lot of nice things that I'm excited to use (or to continue using).

Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment