Saturday, June 8, 2013

What My Husband Got Me For Our First Wedding Anniversary

Hello! Sorry about the boring and incredibly specific title to this post, but I really couldn't think of anything better that still accurately described what this post was about. I hinted at it in my previous post about my latest shopping expedition, but my husband got me a very special present for our first wedding anniversary! Just as a heads up, this gets kind of silly and mushy, so if you don't like to read those types of things, feel free to skip this post.
 For our anniversary, we went to a very popular restaurant for a special brunch. Since you can't make reservations, it's first come first serve for tables and sometimes you end up with a long wait. When my husband and I got there (it was around 11am), we ended up with a 40 minute wait. Luckily, the restaurant is across the street from a very upscale shopping mall, so we decided to kill some time and go shopping. We window shopped mostly just because it is such a high-end mall and a lot of the shops are specialty boutiques that are way, way out of our price range and we felt odd going in with the intention to not buy anything. I did buy a cookbook and a wooden recipe box from Crate and Barrel since the cookbook was on sale for $5 and I've been searching for a nice recipe box for a while now and hadn't had any luck until then.

Now for a little back story. The colors of our wedding were Tiffany Blue (or at least as close to it as possible; I settled for a range of blues that were in the same family since I don't like the whole monotone thing) and white, since Tiffany Blue is my favorite color. I've always wanted to own a piece of jewelry from Tiffany and Co. (technically, I do have a sterling silver bracelet from them, but it's a very complicated story and I'm not sure if it counts), but could never afford it. Every so often I'll browse the Tiffany and Co. website and drool over all the sparkly the jewelry. During my most recent time browsing, I found a beautiful necklace that would make a perfect anniversary gift. It was a sterling silver mini Return To Tiffany's heart pendant with another heart painted with Tiffany Blue enamel on a short chain. It was also $125, which is quite expensive (I don't have a lot of expensive jewelry; my most expensive piece is my engagement ring, which was $150. It's white gold with aquamarines since I don't like to wear diamonds) so I didn't really feel comfortable asking for it as a gift. I would have bought it for myself, but I have this weird kind of hold up; a woman shouldn't buy heart shaped jewelry for herself, she should get it as a gift from loved ones. I know it's stupid.

While we were at the fancy mall, my husband kept trying to find where the Tiffany and Co. was, but it was getting close to our call time, so I insisted we go back to the restaurant and forget the necklace since it was so expensive and I would be perfectly happy without it. I'm glad we did go back because we got called early, and after a delicious brunch, my husband continued to insist that we go back to the mall so he can buy me the necklace. He wouldn't take no for an answer, so we went back and eventually found the Tiffany's.

It was so beautiful inside. Everything was sparkling and bright and well designed. There were three gentlemen in suits standing along one wall for security purposes and every few feet there were big glass display cases showing off pieces from Tiffany's new 1920's collection in honor of the Great Gatsby (the headband Daisy wears is made by Tiffany's and costs about $200,000). After looking around for a bit, we finally found the display that had my necklace. We were helped by a very nice gentleman, and the minute I tried it on, I knew it was perfect. My husband thought it was beautiful and said that we'd purchase it. The gentleman helping us wrapped it up beautifully and I got to take home an actual Tiffany and Co. necklace, purchased for me by my fantastic husband!
This is the bag and the box with my necklace, all wrapped up so nicely! I just love Tiffany Blue; I think they should make a Tiffany Blue nail polish. They wouldn't have to make any other colors ever, they could probably just sell the Tiffany Blue forever and stay profitable.
This is the little bag my necklace was in (inside the box).
And here's my necklace! I'm sorry this isn't the best picture, but it gives a good idea of what it looks like.
This is me wearing my necklace! This is to give an idea of the scale of it; it's very delicate and feminine. I don't wear big chunky jewelry well, so this is perfect!

I love my husband very much, and I feel like such a lucky woman to be married to him! <3!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment