Monday, March 11, 2013

Magazines and Make-Up

Hello! I'm actually going to split tonight's post into three different ones! That way, I won't have to jump around from one topic to the next and you'll be able to read only what you're interested in (well, to a degree...)! This first entry is going to be about my recently received magazine order and my Sephora order as well as some extra make-up stuff! Actually, this one is going to end up being a little shorter than the other two...

To start with! My recent magazine order! I've been waiting a little bit for this once since I had pre-ordered the Gothic Lolita Bible #47 back at the beginning of February. I was really excited to get this order since I had gotten the Feb. issue of egg (recently, I've been interested in gyaru fashion, as you will see in the next two posts) to see what it was like, as well as two mooks with totes! I use CDJapan for all my magazine purchasing needs, and they always do a wonderful job.
They always pack things very nicely and they keep a good stock of the magazines I'm most interested in.
This is how my box looked when I first opened it. Everything is wrapped nicely in bubble wrap and taped down to the bottom of the box to prevent the magazines from sliding around. Also, the green tissue paper is a nice touch.

And here's the next stage of unpacking! Once again, the magazines are wrapped up nice and tight and everything is in perfect condition. I tend to be a little OCD about my magazines being in great condition (yeah...I don't know either) and I really appreciate the time they take to make sure everything arrives safely. I had ordered a mook (the BTSSB one with the heart purse, actually) from a different Japanese media provider and it arrived all bent up and even torn slightly. I was disappointed.

Here's everything opened up and laid out! The Q-Pot mook came with a tote bag and a little pouch and the Liz Lisa mook came with a My Melody x Liz Lisa tote! They actually have another collab mook coming out at the end of March that I am interested in getting, but they haven't gotten a picture of it up yet. I might just order it anyways, since this one was so cute!
Seriously. Look at how cute this is. I love My Melody (she's probably my favorite Sanrio character along with Chococat and Kuromi...who is basically the gothic My Melody). It's a nice light shade of pink with a purse screen printed in gold. It's a nice, thick canvas and is really good quality. I thought the little heart charm that it came with would be larger, but honestly, no complaints here! Not so with the Q-Pot items...
I was so disappointed with this tote bag! Look at how flimsy it is! It's such a shame because it's a cute design, but I'm so afraid of using it since I'm pretty sure it would break right away. I thought it would be canvas, or at the very least a thicker plastic. The pouch it came with was a little more of what I was expecting, though.
It's a little zippered pouch where you can put stuff like jewelry to keep it safe. It's cute because it kind of looks like a macaroon (I assume that's what they were going for since the mook and tote are also macaroon themed) and I will definitely use this. My only complaint about it is that it smells pretty funky. I think it's because it's been in the plastic for about a year now and, since it's been airing out, the smell has been fading. But yeah, over all, not too impressed with the Q-Pot mook. I've been thinking about getting the other Q-Pot mook that CDJapan has, but I'm not sure now since the quality of this tote was so...bad.

Overall, another great magazine order! egg was really interesting to read; I haven't been into gyaru for very long, and there were a lot of great tips and outfit ideas. KERA is always a great magazine, and I'm much happier with this volume of GLB than I was with #46. Though, honestly, I'm not sure I'm going to get #48 when it comes out. I feel like I can get the same info from KERA and have more variety to look at. We'll have to see.

On to my other order from Sephora! This was a super small order since all I got was the item I had wanted but that was sold out in my local store.
I actually prefer to order online since a. free samples! b. more online perks (...which is basically more free DELUXE samples), and c. I can be a little OCD about my make-up and whether it has been used or not. I know it sounds weird, but it really grosses me out that a lot of high-end make-up comes in unsealed packages. I figure the stuff I get online comes from a warehouse and is unlikely to have been handled by customers.

Obviously, I don't have much of an opinion about this order besides "yay more Facial Radiance Pads!", but I was actually pretty disappointed with my Clinique happy sample. Usually, fragrance samples come in glass vials and may or may not come with a spray pump (I prefer no spray pump, I feel like I can control my fragrance level better if I'm able to apply it directly). This sample was really weird. It was like the cardboard booklets that a lot of sample come attached to, but the booklet WAS the vial. You pull the top up and then press the middle to spray it. This method just seems really cheap to me. I fiddled with it the first day I got, and the next day, when I tried to use it again, it seemed like it didn't want to work. Usually these samples will last me a while, but this one felt like it was meant to be a single use and that's it. Speaking of perfume samples...
This is my collection of fragrance samples! I keep them in a plastic pouch I got with...the 500-point summer glow Beauty Insider reward (I think...).
Here's everything laid out! All the vials are samples I've gotten from Sephora (most likely from ordering online; they always have like 7 fragrance samples and like 2 samples that aren't). The big vials are from Victoria's Secret when I used to work there. It was always really nice; when they released a new perfume, we usually got a free deluxe sample of it. The bad side of that is that now when I where them, they make me think of work.

Because I know you're dying to know (haha, most likely not...) these are the samples I have in order from top to bottom, left to right: Givenchy Play (this was a 100-point reward, thus it's a deluxe sample), Burberry Brit, Betsy Johnson Too Too Pretty, Lady Gaga Fame, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb (if I had to pick a favorite perfume, this would be it. Which is why I have more than one sample of it!), Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, Lancome La Vie Est Belle, Prada Infusion D'Iris, Paco Rabanne Lady Million, Hanae Mori, fresh Grapefruit, Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb (I did not know this was intended to be a men's fragrance. I think it's more unisex), Prada Candy, Stella McCartney L.I.L.Y., Escada Especially Escada, Thiery Mugler Angel, DKNY Be Delicious Intense, Diesel Loverdose, D&G The One, Boyfriend, D&G 3 L'Imperatrice, DKNY Pure Verbana (the larger, tear drop shaped bottle), Victoria's Secret Bombshell (this I got for free as a deluxe sample. Out of all the fragrances from VS, this is the one that I just wear anymore since it basically "smells like work" to me. It's a really great scent, very fresh, but yeah. Smell is a powerful thing when it comes to memory), my deluxe sample of Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Victoria's Secret Angel, Vixen, and finally Noir Tease. Goodness; that ended up longer than I thought! As you can see, I'm more of a "wear what scent fits my mood/outfit" than a person with a signature scent.

To wrap up this beauty post, new nail polish!
This is the color "Gumdrop" by Orly! I like their new bottle and cap redesign! I think this is a fairly recent change since the last time I looked a few weeks ago they still had the old style. I really like blue nail polish (it's the "funky" color that looks really goods on me) and I fell in love with this color when I first saw it. I love the color Tiffany Blue (...it was the main color of my wedding, in fact) and this color matches it almost perfectly. China Glaze has a color that's close to Tiffany Blue as well called..."For Audrey" I believe (not very subtle, huh?) but this was just a smidge greener. I'm really, really, REALLY glad I bought this. I love this color and it looks so nice on and it just makes me so happy!

So that's the magazine and make-up part taken care of! Up next; a huge order of clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment