Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Beginning

Hello! My name is Kulla (no, it's not really, but it is online so there you go). I'm hoping to start a blog! Why do I want to start one? Well, I like to talk about things that interest me, but I don't like to bore people who aren't interested in the same things I am. With a blog, I can talk all I want, and if someone's not interested, they can just "tl;dr" and leave. So it's a nice passive aggressive way to get talk about myself as much as I want.

I also have this weird love of looking at all the things other people buy. I don't know why, but I love reading blogs and threads about things people have purchased, and their thoughts on the things they purchased (I guess you could basically call those "reviews"). I want to contribute to that pool of "posts of things people have bought and then have talked about" so hopefully my blog will be a little of that as well.

One thing that has really been holding me back from starting this sooner is that I'm very cautious about what I want to put out there for the whole internet to see. I'm not sure how personal I want to make this blog, nor what exactly I'm going to include on it. Right now, I'm going to start it off small and see how I'll expand it later.

Um, sorry if this blog looks kind of...tacky. I haven't spent much time on the design of it and just picked a template that looked relatively okay. I'm a bit ashamed of it, but I'm not skilled at HTML. I know it's pretty easy to learn, but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it.

Hmm, should I talk a little about myself? I suppose so. I'm a young lady in my mid 20's (I really dislike the word "woman". It sounds very...old to me. I don't think I'll want to call myself a woman until I'm about 40.). I live in the United States in the north Midwest. I love cute things, though sometimes the idea of "cute" can be stretched (for one thing, I think most snakes have really cute faces. The big eyes, the little scales, and the little heat pits are adorable!). I'm a pretty typical nerd/geek and I like things like videogames and tabletop gaming. I'm a huge make-up junkie, even though I rarely wear much more than a BB Cream (...a lot of my "look at what I bought!" posts will probably be about make-up). I love crafting, especially sewing and crochet. I have this weird urge to feel productive all the time, so I think crafting plays into that (I can't just sit and watch TV or talk in the phone, I have to be doing something "productive". How productive crocheting amigurumi food is, I can't say for sure). I also really love to bake. I can't cook all that well (admittedly, I haven't really tried), but I've gotten fairly skilled at baking. I love to read, though I've gotten stuck in a bit of a rut and have been reading books from only a small selection of authors. I read a lot of sci-fi/fantasy, but it's stuff by Terry Pratchet, Neil Gaiman, and William Gibson so it's not stereotypical sci-fi/fantasy. I'm a big fan of Japan and Japanese culture. I went through an embarrassing weeaboo phase in high school that I try to forget, but my love for things Japanese has stuck with me, though it has branched out from anime and manga (which I rarely watch/read anymore sadly) to things like fashion (especially lolita, otome, and mori) and candy (I actually am a big fan of trying candy from different cultures). I have a small lolita wardrobe that I'm trying to build up, so some posts may be about that.

This is by no means a full account of myself; just some talking points I wanted to get out there. I hope that small description helps to give you a better idea of who I am and what this blog may be about.

So there you go! My first post! Like all bloggers, I'm probably going to look back at this and be very embarrassed about it. But at least that means I will have come a long way from where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment